Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #11
Junglebugg225
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My dr refuses to give me reglan, even with me asking several times :-/ I was on metformin to conceive previously, but not for dd#2 or since- I started last night after reading your post and increased myself to 3 pills 3x a day. I still only make about 1 1/2-2 oz every 4 hrs or so I hate it. She's needed formula since before we left the hospital.

Advertisement

Junglebugg225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #12
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: I can't stop the Fenugreek or my supply drops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junglebugg225 View Post
My dr refuses to give me reglan, even with me asking several times :-/ I was on metformin to conceive previously, but not for dd#2 or since- I started last night after reading your post and increased myself to 3 pills 3x a day. I still only make about 1 1/2-2 oz every 4 hrs or so I hate it. She's needed formula since before we left the hospital.
That is awful that they refuse reglan. Ask to be back on your metformin for your PCOS. It can really help. I just got my fenugreek and took 3 pills too.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #13
ChrisandAmanda
Registered Users
seller

I take fenugreek. Allergic to Reglan. I also eat lactation cookies
ChrisandAmanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #14
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I cannot remember how long it takes to start working.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:39 PM   #15
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The Fenugreek takes about 12-24hrs to start working, generally speaking. Also, while I don't take it, from what I've read all over the place, fenugreek works best when combined with Blessed Thistle.

Can you look for another Dr. for the reglan? I'm sorry you are struggling.

I've stopped the Fenugreek again, but not on purpose. This is what always happens. My supply goes up and then I start forgetting to take it. Then, it goes down after a day or two and I remember again. It's a cycle and it goes on and on. LOL. Oh well. Fenugreek isn't so bad and not that expensive since I get it at Wal-Mart. I'll just keep going.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #16
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
The Fenugreek takes about 12-24hrs to start working, generally speaking. Also, while I don't take it, from what I've read all over the place, fenugreek works best when combined with Blessed Thistle.

Can you look for another Dr. for the reglan? I'm sorry you are struggling.

I've stopped the Fenugreek again, but not on purpose. This is what always happens. My supply goes up and then I start forgetting to take it. Then, it goes down after a day or two and I remember again. It's a cycle and it goes on and on. LOL. Oh well. Fenugreek isn't so bad and not that expensive since I get it at Wal-Mart. I'll just keep going.
Thanks, I am hoping to see/feel more tomorrow. I have also heard Blessed Thistle is best with it, I, too, have never used it.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #17
Junglebugg225
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l

Thanks, I am hoping to see/feel more tomorrow. I have also heard Blessed Thistle is best with it, I, too, have never used it.
I'm going to call & ask again- fingers crossed!! I have alarms set on my phone to remind me- I do pretty well for the most part, I just hate not being able to fill her :-/ None the less, this experience is MUCH better than our first LO-
Old 02-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #18
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I couldn't take reglan but did take domperidone with DS2. It has less side effects exp if you have a history of ppd
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #19
Junglebugg225
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3boys1girl
I couldn't take reglan but did take domperidone with DS2. It has less side effects exp if you have a history of ppd
What is PPD? Sorry to be nosey-
Old 02-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #20
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3boys1girl View Post
I've taken Dom also, with my first set of twins. I had the most supply issues with them...sort of...my nursing history is strange and confusing.

ppd = Postpartum depression.