Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #1
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
June/July Thread

Have we picked a name yet? Like little turkeys or something? This due date club is MIA...lol.

Well many of us are reaching the halfway point, yay!!!!

Any exciting plans this summer, how are you dealing with the summer heat?

Advertisement

Old 06-22-2013, 09:24 AM   #2
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: June/July Thread

It has been hot hot hot here. We have a season pass at the local pool but can only stay out there about an hour before we are scorched. No big plans this summer. We might be buying a house, we were not planning on it, but we saw something we liked and thought we might as well try for it, fingers crossed.

Finally feeling movement regularly, I have gained 13 lbs, not too bad but the big gaining months are still to come.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
Solomon's Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm here! I wonder why this forum isn't very active, there seems to be a lot of us.

I'm doing pretty good in the heat so far. Well, yesterday was bad. Don't know what I was thinking...I took both kids (2yo & 3yo) with me on my major 2 week stock up shopping trip. And then let 3yo push the kid cart by himself the whole time. Which was good because I needed the space, but man it took forever and I was constantly having to keep him from crashing. I usually go shopping when DH is home so he can carry stuff in...didn't think about that until I had to carry like 20 loads inside in the heat. I was so worn out!

I noticed some more movement yesterday but still nothing major or real regular. Haven't been feeling as crappy this week either which has been wonderful. Not much else to report on, just ready to meet her!
Solomon's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:04 AM   #4
bazil323
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm here too. It seems like maybe every one is on the Facebook page? I don't use it really, so I haven't checked it out at all.

I'm doing ok with the heat so far. Loving air conditioning big time and trying to limit working outside to either cool days or later evenings. It hasn't been super hot here in northern Wisconsin, but it's muggy lately. My midwife suggested sparkling water because I've been having trouble with plain water making me feel icky, and that has been a lifesaver! I have a bottle with me constantly.

We found out last Friday that we're having a girl, and I'm so excited! This is our first child, so I'm busy gathering things as I find good deals, but I am also trying to not get too much stuff because we have a small house, and we're remodeling the bathroom so not a lot of room to store things at the moment! I have most of my CD stash ready, just need a few newborn covers & some inserts to round things out, but I think we could get by ok with what I have so far for at least the first year.
bazil323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #5
lovebabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hi ladies! This is the first time I've been on here in forever! I'm over on the FB group a lot. 20 weeks yesterday, and feeling great. I'm in the Pacific Northwest, and it's cool and rainy today, so I haven't had to deal with any heat yet, really. I'm actually looking forward to seeing the temperature jump soon, hopefully!
Old 06-24-2013, 02:11 PM   #6
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I heard that this "club" is really active on facebook.

Friday we have the big ultra sound so that is exciting. My 3.5 year old is coming with which should be interesting. I think I am feeling baby movement... otherwise trying not to be too tired and get to annoyed at my three year old being a three year old.

I took a pic of the newborn stash. Only have 3 more items to add and need to finish the homemade newborn prefolds (and if I don't they will just be nb flats LOL). http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1526022
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 06-24-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:09 PM   #7
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I only have 5 newborn diapers, I am waiting to see gender before I finish my stash. My daughter grew out of her newborn diapers so fast I think I am only going to get about 12 AIO until I see where this one will be size wise.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:21 PM   #8
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I def can't wait for the appt. I feel a little guilty maybe finding out the sex, but I'd like to know if we are going to (and what it is) or not. I only want to know if the tech is really sure. And if I dont feel like i trust the tech to be honest or they aren't 99% sure, I don't want to know. I'm tired to people asking and not only to I not know the sex, but i also don't know if we are going to find out. That response makes people ask often.

Also since I'm not sure about the movement and we over 4 weeks since the last appt I would really like to at least hear the heart beat. The u/s will be a bonus. I hope my son is good, it's going to be a long afternoon for him. with hour drive both ways and the u/s and regular appt.

My stash is pretty GN, there are a few blues, there are a few girly but on the edge of GN patterns, and one pink and one lavender. I may switch out the lavender one if baby is a boy. The deep BG pink I plan on keeping. For some reason lavender is kinda too girly but the deep pink is not quite (light pink would be). It's only the newborn stash and it will only last a month or so, not worried about it so much.

Even if baby is a girl I wouldn't really want more girly colors, I'm not that girly and they don't sell as well.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 06-24-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:54 PM   #9
raindrop_333
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi! I haven't been on DS in forever. I'm active on the FB group. This summer isn't likely to be super exciting. I work and have school all summer. Hoping to squeeze in a couple of camping trips and *super hoping* to make a weekend trip to the ocean. Have not been there in years.
raindrop_333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #10
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My plan for this summer is to stay cool. Wouldn't be too bad except for the humidity around here. Berry season is here so I'm going to try to pick as many as I can I've already picked 7.5lbs of blueberries I've made 4 dozen muffins and 11 half pints of jam. Raspberries should be coming in soon and then blackberries!

Today marks 20 weeks - halfway there! 20 weeks to pick a boy's name and get use to the idea of a boy

Oh yeah, I'm on Facebook way too much and don't come to ds much, too much drama...
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote