Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #1
Justplaintiffany
Registered Users

Babykicks prefolds?

I just received some babykicks prefolds hemp/cotton blend diapers. I've used them already for night time and want to say they are super absorbant. But us there a way to make them less bulky? I feel like they're too thick to be comfortable for my bubs. In still brand new to cd-ing and am just learning about everything including how to make a prefold fit comfortably into a cover. Thanks for any help.

Advertisement

Justplaintiffany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Babykicks prefolds?

Are you pinning them on? Are they sized appropriately? I'm not really sure how you could reduce bulk otherwise. If they seem bulky on the sides, then you could try tri-folding and fanning the back out into the cover. In my opinion it's normal for a nighttime diaper to be bulkier than a daytime diaper, your little one needs extra absorbency. My son had some of the bulkiest nighttime diapers, ever, and he's just fine

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:15 AM   #3
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My kids have always "waddled" in their nighttime diapers. In order to get them absorbent enough for my supersoakers.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #4
Justplaintiffany
Registered Users

Lol. He's not quite waddling in it but it just looks funny and a bit uncomfortable. Especially since I have I fold the front down to get it to fit into the cover.
Justplaintiffany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #5
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Are you trifolding it or pinning it on. If you are trifolding have you tried folding the other direction, instead of down the seams, go across the seams, makes it a bit wider between the legs, but shortens the rise a bit.