Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #41
lookatreestar
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama*Kim
Is anyone else reading this thread thinking, "moving to Sweden sounds pretty good right now"?
My BFF is from Finland and they do the same thing there I am always telling her if she moved back, in coming with her!

Advertisement

lookatreestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #42
Mama_K
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The babies who nap in sub-zero temps

How interesting, totally different then our culture In the spring and fall, my son would fall asleep in his stroller when we went for walks and I'd let him nap there but the temperatures were mild, 50-60's.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #43
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama*Kim View Post
Is anyone else reading this thread thinking, "moving to Sweden sounds pretty good right now"?
yep. sure wish there was a military base there
Old 02-25-2013, 05:33 PM   #44
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was thinking about this today. I'm pretty sure the temperature has not been below 0 since my children were born. I'm actually not sure that I've ever seen the temperature that low. The lowest ever I can think of at our house is about 15 degrees.
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:30 PM   #45
Newton
Registered Users

I would never do this, I am always cold and I struggle enough to let DD sleep in non-fleece pajamas in our warm house. I am a big fan of not asking others to do something if I wouldn't do it and I wouldn't nap outside unless I was camping.
I am always interested to see how others do things, but even with 100 double blind research studies it just doesn't fit with me
Old 02-25-2013, 09:22 PM   #46
mmmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke789
I was thinking about this today. I'm pretty sure the temperature has not been below 0 since my children were born. I'm actually not sure that I've ever seen the temperature that low. The lowest ever I can think of at our house is about 15 degrees.
I think they are talking Celcius though so 0C is 43F
15C is shorts and flip flop weather
Old 02-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #47
MyLovely
Registered Users

I hate being cold, but CANNOT sleep if it's hot. My house is kept warm all day, but at night, it has to be freezing. The best ever is when it's in the 30's and 40's at night. Open the windows a little and pile on those quilts. The cold air is so refreshing, whenever we'd be sick as kids in the winter, my mom would have us go outside to breathe in the fresh, cold air. It felt SO good when I'd have respiratory viruses.

I will say though, my family is incredibly Scandinavian and we come from Minnesota, where people are famous for clinging to our heritage. Since moving down south, I haven't heard of people liking to sleep outdoors/with windows open in the winter.

Before it broke, we had a hammock. Many mornings, I'd wake up early to pee, and I'd grab the quilt and go lay outside for a little more sleep.