Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
rottenapple
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
A little TMI, but- whitish colored poop??

Tuesday night I was woken up by DS (he's 3), he threw up in his bed. No biggie, changed sheets, back to bed. Woken up again about an hour later, same thing. Another sheet change, back to bed. Since then he's been fine, his appetite seems ok, a little less than usual but he's just like that sometimes. Yesterday and today when he pooped it was a really weird color, really light tan almost whitish?? Of course I googled it and found all the horrible things it could be, but he has NO other symptoms at all. I'm going to keep an eye on it (eew) the rest of the weekend, but anybody else ever dealt with this? I don't tend to freak out about stuff, but this is new to me!
Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

Old 02-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #2
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:
Re: A little TMI, but- whitish colored poop??

I've heard of a few people in my area dealing with the stomach flu with similar weird poop involved. It likely is viral, but I would keep an eye on it to see if you need to contact the ped.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #3
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

prolly a stomach bug. DD is just getting over it this week. Her poop was practically white and now that the rotovirus has passed, it's still recovering in both color and consistency.

her little friend had the same virus, but continued to eat way better than she did. She, on the other hand, acted normal all day with the exception of the eating and the poop.

I'd give it a couple days.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #4
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

My son had the exact same thing happen 4 weeks ago. He is fine now.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

light color poo is less healthy color for poo, probably just means your child has a virus of some sort.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #6
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

My 3YO DD had this after a stomach virus. It just lasted a couple of days and then things were back to brown . I was like you and googled and freaked out about hep A and other liver issues...
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #7
rottenapple
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks everyone! He hasn't had another poop yet, but this morning DD woke up with a fever
Feel like I need to lysol bomb my house!!
Old 02-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #8
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We actually went to dr to see about DS light colored poos. He said no worries unless they were without any color and had clay consistency.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #9
ali gal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My son had the same thing happen to him several times when he was recovering from a GI bug. Like you, I googled it. Scared me too. After a couple days if white poops, they returned to normal. Im not sure why it happens but it has always occurred due to a GI bug.
Circumcising, organic & booby-feeding, baby-wearing, cloth-diapering, non-cosleeping, separate & delayed vaccinating, epidural-loving Mommy to Jackson (07/06), Audrey (01/08) & Beau (12/11) Wife to Dan Guess I'll go against the grain a little bit!
ali gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #10
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My kids have had it after the flu too. Lasted a few days, and it was pretty disgusting IMO, but they were just fine.