Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2013, 09:49 PM   #1
LittleThingsMama638
Registered Users
seller

I need a convertible for my 7mo. I'm looking at a Recaro (performance? Prosport? Proride?) or an MA70, or a possible mysize. Can anyone recommend one over the other? We have a MA70 for my 2yo but I'm not loving the patterns for boys. I need something that is going to puzzle well too. As we've got the MA70 rfing and an AOE ffing, plus this seat. I don't like the radian so not that. Oh he's short and tiny as are my other kids so height and weight aren't an issue.

I'm also looking to replace my 4.5 yo's AOE. I don't like the Nauti. Any recommendations? It needs to harness. But there aren't any qualifications other than that. We don't really have a budget either, but the foonf is out.

Advertisement

LittleThingsMama638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #2
lilychic4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Boosters and convertibles, oh my!

What vehicle and which seating positions?
What are some of the things you don't like about the radian and Nauti? Depending on the characteristics you want or don't want, we can help identify seats you might want.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
jjordan
Registered Users
seller

Do you want to get rid of the AOE? Or is it expiring soon? Because otherwise, you can pass down the AOE and just get one new seat for now.

I'm guessing that you need a seat that puzzles because you have 3 across one row of a vehicle? If so, then it would be helpful to know the vehicle (year/make/model).
jjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
LittleThingsMama638
Registered Users
seller

We have an 03 suburban. I really don't like the aoe. And I think it expires in another year or so anyways. I'd rather stick with one seat for him. I can leave my 4.5 yo in the aoe for a while longer. It just seems so small on him.

I don't like the nauti because of the buckle, I can't get it clipped half the time, my 4.5 yo can't get it clipped at all when he can buckle himself in his aoe. Plus he's in the middle and needs to be able to buckle himself. I just don't like the look of the radian, and how tall it is. Since it is behind the driver, I'm worried the height will cause issues with the seat as well.
LittleThingsMama638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #5
lilychic4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you don't like the Nauti buckle, I recommend avoid all Graco and Evenflo because they use the same buckle now.

You might like the Harmony Defender 360 at Walmart for 4.5yo. It's a slim seat with adjustable height for FFing, then a high back booster, then a no back booster. The buckle is very smooth and it has a belly pad to increase comfort for a short buckle stalk.
The Defender should puzzle with the MA70 you have because it has a low profile.
The Britax Frontier is really the only other recommended seat for FFing to booster combo seats that has an easier buckle than the Graco/Evenflo seats. You might love it if you had it, but it costs double hat the Harmony Defender costs and you don't necessarily need the higher harness featuers the Frontier offfers over the Defender if you have petite children.

For the baby, you can probably fit any convertible you like. Britax seats are fine for short torso'ed children. For a lightweight, the First Years True Fit is also a good choice. For not-so-tall kids, the Safety 1st Guide 65 is a compact seat with an adjustable headrest (RFing to 40" or 40lbs) and the Safety 1st Complete Air also fits RFing to 40" or 40lbs. The other convertibles on my most recommended list have the new Graco/Evenflo buckles that you don't like.

The Recaros have the least amount of leg room. They simply are comfy for RFing kids for long. Within the same price range, you can find several other seats that will work out better long term for your littles.
Happy shopping
Old 02-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #6
kellismommi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have a Maxi Cosi Pria 70 and love it! It has way more leg room rear facing (it ties the Radian for seat depth) - our average height 2 1/2 year old still has plenty of room. Both the Recaro n the Britax have less seat depth so less leg room. I drive a 04 Durango and choose the Pria because it can rear face behind the passanger seat and the passanger can still have their seat in a normal position - with our Marathon in that position they were kissing the dash! Its well worth the money. Its super cushy, easy to install and a breeze to clean. Good luck with your search!!
kellismommi is offline   Reply With Quote