Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Back to abs?

Hey ladies- I have a relatively silly question. I'd love to get my abs back (from like- 10 years ago- hah!) well, I've been reading conflicting info on whether or not sit up type excersizes are safe if you've had the abs split due to pregnancy? When I do my crunches I can see a little... "Bubble" if that makes sense... & I certainly don't want to make it worse.
I need something though. I have a small frame & look 4 months preg. By the end of the night it's 6 months because I've eaten &/or bloat. Ugh!

Advertisement

E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:59 PM   #2
Vie.en.Rose
Registered Users
Formerly: **le3*
seller
seller

Re: Back to abs?

I was just reading about this the other day! There are tons of safe excercises you can do, some may even correct the separation! Here's one article that talks about it:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/33...ter-pregnancy/

Like Swagbucks? Give Gifthulk a try!
Vie.en.Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #3
krispy79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have similar issues and while talking to my yoga teacher last week she suggested 2 things to help me regain strengh and control in that area before starting hard core muscle building. Her thoughs were that after pregnacy our whole body and alignment shift and therefore we should realign before trying to work on a problem that has deeper roots. Anyway...
First was working on opening the hips and hip flexor muscles (?) Pregnancy changes the way we stand and support ouselves. Weak hip flexors (sp?) Due to hip shifts change the way we stand and make us look "bloated"
The next was spending 1-2 minutes a day holding a bridge pose. Keeping the back aligned and leg, butt, core muscles tight. It will remind the body/stomach how to hold tight and strong, increases lower back strengh, and improve posture/ alimnment.
I am giving it a try, she is usually pretty good at helping me find my center so I am going to trust her on this.

Sent from my (not so)Smartphone using DS Forum

Is Someone Hurting you? You can talk to me 1.800.838.8238
krispy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
savingmomof2boys
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispy79 View Post
I have similar issues and while talking to my yoga teacher last week she suggested 2 things to help me regain strengh and control in that area before starting hard core muscle building. Her thoughs were that after pregnacy our whole body and alignment shift and therefore we should realign before trying to work on a problem that has deeper roots. Anyway...
First was working on opening the hips and hip flexor muscles (?) Pregnancy changes the way we stand and support ouselves. Weak hip flexors (sp?) Due to hip shifts change the way we stand and make us look "bloated"
The next was spending 1-2 minutes a day holding a bridge pose. Keeping the back aligned and leg, butt, core muscles tight. It will remind the body/stomach how to hold tight and strong, increases lower back strengh, and improve posture/ alimnment.
I am giving it a try, she is usually pretty good at helping me find my center so I am going to trust her on this.

Sent from my (not so)Smartphone using DS Forum
By chance did she give you any tips on how to strengthen the hip flexors? I believe mine are very weak and it is starting to affect my running.

Thanks

Join me on Swag Bucks to earn Free Giftcards!

Also Earning CASH with Jingit!!
savingmomof2boys is offline   Reply With Quote