Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-24-2013, 06:25 AM   #1
Blessed2005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Circumcision and cloth....

So we are going to circumcise.....not up for debate btw, so please don't rant at me about how I am mutilating my baby. We have made this decision as a family, looking at the pros and cons. Please be respectful of our decision.

So my question is, if you circumcised, did you use cloth right away or did you use disposables until it healed? I have a big stash of nb and sm bg's, btw. What do ya'll think? Also, how do I go ab treating the circumsion with the cloth, if I use them?

Thank you for the imput! I love DS Mamas!

Advertisement

Last edited by Blessed2005; 02-24-2013 at 06:34 AM.
Blessed2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:32 AM   #2
txmommytobe
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Circumcision and cloth....

I have cloth diapered 2 circumcised newborns and we used CDs right away. I simply covered it with gauze pads and used fleece liner as necessary
Old 02-24-2013, 06:42 AM   #3
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I used disposables as I was Tonga to literally yet to do little to nothing besides fed baby and like. gauze definitely and throw awayv liner. we were in disposables about week. yes we did lots of thinki8ng too so i know the circ conundrum.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:42 AM   #4
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmommytobe
I have cloth diapered 2 circumcised newborns and we used CDs right away. I simply covered it with gauze pads and used fleece liner as necessary
Same here. I cut 2inx2in gauze and put the vasoline in the middle and just draped it over and put a little pressure. The vasoline never came out on the diapers, but I still used fleece liners just in case. I just cut my own.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:45 AM   #5
jessicanashville
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just used the non-stick gauze pads and regular triple antibiotic or Vaseline
jessicanashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:48 AM   #6
disneylindsay
Registered Users
seller

I have cloth diapered right away after circumcision, even while in the hospital! I bought some fleece liners and I made some flannel liners with scraps, and I used them as a barrier between the vaseline and the diaper. As soon as I was able to use coconut oil on it I did and it really help speed the healing and keep away bacteria etc.

I had no problems with my diapers they came out clean every wash, and even my husband, friends and family were impressed with the cloth after circumcision, they all thought it gave the baby a little more padding and protection following.

Circumcising may not be for everyone but for us it was the right decision for our boys. Every family has to do what is right for them! Big hugs Mama!
Old 02-24-2013, 06:53 AM   #7
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

http://paddedtushstats.com/2012/01/2...cumcised-baby/

try this sure too
Old 02-24-2013, 07:15 AM   #8
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wonder if you have to use vasoline.. could you use lanolin? Maybe too sticky... but if you get one that stays liquidy maybe?
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:23 AM   #9
Babybird4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisathib123

Same here. I cut 2inx2in gauze and put the vasoline in the middle and just draped it over and put a little pressure. The vasoline never came out on the diapers, but I still used fleece liners just in case. I just cut my own.
This. I had no issues and didn't use a fleece liner, just the gauze pad over it.

April, mommy to Haylea (8/18/09), Hannah (5/22/11) and baby Hogan (12/12/12) *sent from my iPhone*
Old 02-24-2013, 07:27 AM   #10
TobinsTreasures
Registered Users
Formerly: Kelsey***3
seller
seller

My Mood:

We were told not to use any ointment in the hospital and we cloth diapered within the first three days. Didn't have a problem, from what I remember.