Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-24-2013, 10:45 AM   #11
pagodagirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have a Waldorf doll for our son, I had him made w red hair and freckles because I think that's cute and I was the one designing him. It was important to me that it was a boy doll but not that it necessarily looked like him. I got it for him pretty early (his first birthday) and he didn't play with him too much initially but lately he has been playing with him more. Mostly role play: Seamus helps cook, he rides on a bike, he uses the potty, etc. he really likes playing with his Lego guys too and building houses with the duplos so we my parents just got him a doll house (the Plan wooden one with little bendy people) for his second birthday and he LOVES it. Right now all the dolls are using the potty (we're in the throws of potty training) and taking care of the baby (I'm due next month). Hubby was initially skeptical about a doll house for his son, but now he loves that he has it since they have so much fun playing together (he's the stay at home parent and doesn't usually have hang ups about gender roll stuff obviously, I think it was just a bit of knee jerk reaction). I think it's a great way for boys and girls to learn and model what they see their parents doing.

Advertisement

Old 02-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #12
July10baby
Registered Users

My 19 month old likes dolls quite a bit. We bought him a Cabbage Patch baby that has some similar features. He also really likes an old Raggedy Ann doll that was mine when I was little. His dirt baby was a really soft, pink Fisher Price doll that laughed when you hugged it. He loves them all equally.
July10baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #13
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Opinions please - doll for a boy

I don't think it matters what it looks like at that age. My son has a couple dolls that look like him (red hair blue eyes) & his favorite doll is his sister's waldorf doll w/ long pink & purple hair.

I say get one you like (b/c you are buying it) & that has durable hair. We've found w/ waldorf dolls a crochet cap wears MUCH better than sewn down hair.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #14
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

I don't think it matters. All of my boys have had dolls and soft or plastic, I guess it depended on the boy. Maybe let him pick one out?

sry 4 abbrev, im 1 hnd-ed typng & nak frm my iPhone
Old 02-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #15
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junipervt View Post

I say get one you like (b/c you are buying it) & that has durable hair. We've found w/ waldorf dolls a crochet cap wears MUCH better than sewn down hair.
Thanks for this information. I have my eye on a sort-of Waldorf doll and didn't get a really straight answer on whether it's a crochet cap or not. The hair is crocheted... Then again it's only $60, so I'm not expecting huge things. I'm just glad there is wool inside.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:07 AM   #16
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd get whatever type of doll he likes to play with and not worry about what it looks like. If he prefers to play with a rag doll type doll then I'd do that. If he prefers a more plastic doll, then get that. Ds's favorite dolls are the newborn fisher price dolls that have a soft body but plastic head/arms/legs. They may be pink but he still calls them boy dolls. We have a couple of boy dolls but he always goes back to these ones.
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #17
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
I'm cheap, so I'd buy the nicest inexpensive doll I could find, and couldn't care less what it looks like as long as it is soft and well made. We have black, white, blonde, brunette, orange...you name it dolls here.

My girls each have one nice doll-a Bitty Baby, and DS likes to play with them too. They were both gifts, so I had no say in what they looked like.
Me too... I like the Target name brand dolls. I'd love a Bitty Baby, but those are too expensive for me.

The FIsher Price dolls smell so good. I also love Cabbage Patch.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #18
elmojr
Registered Users
seller
seller

What about a Cabbage Patch Doll (Boy). My brother had one and I had a couple girl ones. My daughter has a girl one and some girl Barbies. My 2 yr old son has a boy Cabbage Patch and boy barbies.
elmojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #19
taylor's mom
Registered Users

http://img2.etsystatic.com/010/0/514...55154_o253.jpg

all our kids have dolls from this etsy store (sunclover). she added a penis to the boy's dolls because they wanted "boy babies". they're super rugged dolls and absolutely gorgeous!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #20
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

I wouldn't care what it looked like. I'd just get one he liked. More than half of our babies/Barbies are African American so they don't look like my kids but those are the ones they wanted and always love to play with

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote