Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #1
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Birth Plan?

Whats your birth plan?
I'm using a midwife at the hospital, and they will be offering water births starting in March, so I'm seriously considering that. I had a natural birth with my DS so I'm hoping to do that again.

Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Re: Birth Plan?

Mine is to have a healthy baby. I'm not emotionally tied to a particular kind of birth, I know what I am and am not comfortable with generally, but I feel things can change with the situation. My DH knows all my preferences as well so he can remind me in the moment what I said I wanted. Also, JIC, he is aware that if there is a decision of me having a better chance or the baby, I choose the baby.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
delicatefade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Midwife at the hospital. Hoping for a water birth, but I will take it as it comes!

Holland Grace is here! (14/4/2013)
delicatefade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #4
melilo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I actually turned down the opportunity for a water birth. I'm just not a water lover at all. Plus, it may not even be ready and set up in time for me to benefit much.

Rubber City Doula You Deserve A Doula!
DONA Trained Birth Doula
melilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #5
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'll be with my OB at the hospital, hoping for another VBAC.
I don't have a lot of plans other than that, really. I don't know how I'll feel while laboring, so I don't plan to either be up and moving or in bed, just depends on how I feel at that point!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:27 PM   #6
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Homebirth.......labor with my shower or bath, but not renting a birth pool bc chances are i'll have another fast labor so not worth it.

Im not a birth plan kind of person.....whatever happens, happens
Old 02-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #7
mdm81888
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was told that in my area (redneck-ville East TN) that Birth Plans are taboo. I was actually told this by the lady who taught our pregnancy classes who happens to be one of the lead nurses where I'll be giving birth. I have talked over our "plan" with my husband so he'll know what I would like if at all possible.
mdm81888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #8
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a c-sec birth plan forming... probably not helpful for you, but both the hospitals I looked at encouraged a birth wish list. For example, if we specifically do or do not want visitors while in the recovery room. If we want the bath held off until I am able to watch/help.

The nurse who did my tour/class said they can be very accommodating if everyone's health permits but that they need to know a head of time. So when I get it written up (probably sooner than later for me!) I will post it if anyone was interested.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #9
babyWmom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Praying I make it to the hospital. I have very quick laboratory and even though the hospital is only 20 minutes away, I have to wait for someone to come over and watch the kiddos. DD was born in an hour and 45 minutes. Luckily I had steady non-active labor BH so I went to the hospital. I went into labor 2 hours later. Hoping #3 gives me time to get to the hospital.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #10
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm81888 View Post
I was told that in my area (redneck-ville East TN) that Birth Plans are taboo. I was actually told this by the lady who taught our pregnancy classes who happens to be one of the lead nurses where I'll be giving birth.
That's gross. Basically they're saying they don't care a lick what the mother wants. Yuck.

Our hospital encourages moms to write up a birth plan. Along with the prenatal class info pack, they include an outline booklet - it's a booklet because it explains all the different options/terms, but you could just "fill in the blanks" with your choices. It's actually very well written and laid out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyWmom View Post
Praying I make it to the hospital. I have very quick laboratory and even though the hospital is only 20 minutes away, I have to wait for someone to come over and watch the kiddos. DD was born in an hour and 45 minutes. Luckily I had steady non-active labor BH so I went to the hospital. I went into labor 2 hours later. Hoping #3 gives me time to get to the hospital.
to the bolded.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote