Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-28-2013, 10:57 PM   #121
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Feb 24th - Mar 2nd

just lucky.. some people don't have to worry about it.

I was gbs+ with DD and I'm not sure about how I feel about getting on probiotics.. but I'll mention it to a friend.

Advertisement

Old 03-01-2013, 08:23 AM   #122
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
So stressed. DH still hasn't found a job and just found out his old boss may be trying to find out where he's applied and bad mouthing him. :/ She's fired 3 people in the last 4 months and another employee was told by a friend he needed to get out ASAP because she had it out for him too. Just freaking out cuz my maternity leave will be unpaid.... sigh...
That stinks! I hope he gets a job soon.

I never did anything special for GBS test, and I've never tested positive for that. Since that's scheduled for Wednesday, I hope that I test negative again. I never thought there was anything to prepare for that!
Old 03-01-2013, 08:24 AM   #123
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena View Post
My last pregnancy I did 2 weeks of probiotics before the strepB. I've taken them this whole pregnancy but will double up the weeks before. Also avoid sugars!!!!
I can do the probiotics... not sure about avoiding sugars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
I didnt test pos with my other two, so im hoping the probiotic will be enough. Idk. Should i do a hibicleanse beforehand? If i do test pos, then i have to get the iv and abx with a nurse at my hb, state req. Lucky i have a nurse friend as my doula, but still.....pita.
you won't need to worry about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
I never did anything. I tested negative with the 1st 2. Had my swab at my appt on Wednesday and tested negative again. No special diet or probiotics. Maybe I'm just lucky??
I was negative with the 3 older ones, then + with DS3. Nothing done differently, so

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
just lucky.. some people don't have to worry about it.

I was gbs+ with DD and I'm not sure about how I feel about getting on probiotics.. but I'll mention it to a friend.
I don't think they'd hurt, even if they didn't help, kwim?
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:28 AM   #124
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Probiotics in the third tri have also been proven to help babies not have eczema
Old 03-01-2013, 09:06 AM   #125
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I never tested positive I hope that is the case for this one as well. I have been doing miso--not as much as I should but I do. I get the chickpea kind.

I read about all these amazing things dates do. Apparently studies show that woman who eat dates in the third month of pregnancy have shorter labors. LOL I am going to buy pounds upon pounds of these things. I eat them normally anyway but I hope it is true.

I know everyone was talking about epo here. When does everyone start that? I am thinking of taking it this time but I am only 32 weeks and I do not want to start to early.

I am going grocery shopping tomorrow. It is not a big deal to most but when I do a big grocery shop I go an hr or 2 away. I am so frustrated with local stores bc there are not good selections unless you count pigs feet in a jar or flour infested with bugs--yum! So I will be going to whole foods or earth fare which is a smaller version of wf. But I like the 365 brand and it is actually cheaper for me than earth fare and hold onto your hats walmart!

Not sure if on my travels I can sneak in a Janie and Jack purchase without dh noticing--lol. Wishful thinking I guess. I think I am set though with baby and I think anything else I get is really not needed and I do not want to get to the point of buying just to buy bc that will open the flood gates!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #126
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena View Post
Probiotics in the third tri have also been proven to help babies not have eczema
Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
I read about all these amazing things dates do. Apparently studies show that woman who eat dates in the third month of pregnancy have shorter labors. LOL I am going to buy pounds upon pounds of these things. I eat them normally anyway but I hope it is true.

I know everyone was talking about epo here. When does everyone start that? I am thinking of taking it this time but I am only 32 weeks and I do not want to start to early.
Interesting... don't know that I could eat them, even so, lol.

From what I've read (I've not used EPO myself), mamas usually start taking it orally around 34-35 weeks, then add internally at term (37 weeks). I wouldn't start it just yet at only 32 weeks.
I'm sure we had a thread here that mentioned EPO? I remember posting a link to a site that had a MWs "schedule" for EPO.

AFM: Just ordered 2 wet bags We knew we needed one or 2 more ( typed '23 more' accidentally! not quite!) but I was kinda putting it off... mainly because I was too lazy to figure out which ones I wanted and to go get the ones I have to measure (didn't know what size I actually wanted, lol). But then I saw a friend's post on DS, she makes them herself, so I measured mine and ordered new ones

and I had a really hard time not getting this one... but I really love those ones...

Oooooo - and Hiccup's new diapers should be at the post office right now!!!

Last edited by canadianbakers; 03-01-2013 at 09:32 AM.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #127
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

yeah I am not even sure I will even use epo, although I heard it does amazing things for your skin. I think I would only take them orally I am not a fan of the other way.

As for dates you can bake them into things or make smoothies or even do homemade lara bars--then it does not look like you are eating a beetle.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #128
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Now I'm totally curious, how would probiotics help you test negative for strep B? Do you have to continue taking them through delivery then to make sure it doesn't get passed on to baby?
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #129
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra
Now I'm totally curious, how would probiotics help you test negative for strep B? Do you have to continue taking them through delivery then to make sure it doesn't get passed on to baby?
The good bacteria in the probiotics overpower the bad bacteria (GBS).

I was only positive with #4 and never want to mess with abx again.

I do probiotics, vitamin D, garlic, echinacea, vitamin C, and basically anything that will help my immune system from 30 weeks onward. I was negative for #5 and pray to be neg with this one. Test Monday.

ETA: I forgot to mention I also eat manuka honey and elderberry syrup.
Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom

Last edited by 4dramamama; 03-01-2013 at 12:25 PM.
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #130
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport
I didnt test pos with my other two, so im hoping the probiotic will be enough. Idk. Should i do a hibicleanse beforehand? If i do test pos, then i have to get the iv and abx with a nurse at my hb, state req. Lucky i have a nurse friend as my doula, but still.....pita.
I personally do not use hibicleanse for GBS testing bc if I am positive I don't want to fool the test. I try hard to be negative but if I am positive I will treat the colonization as necessary.
Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom

Last edited by 4dramamama; 03-01-2013 at 12:24 PM.
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote