Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #131
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Feb 24th - Mar 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
As for dates you can bake them into things or make smoothies or even do homemade lara bars--then it does not look like you are eating a beetle.
OMGoodness !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Now I'm totally curious, how would probiotics help you test negative for strep B? Do you have to continue taking them through delivery then to make sure it doesn't get passed on to baby?
The silly thing is that you can + one week for GBS, and then - the next. But they test everyone at 35 weeks and then treat (or not) based on that result. This is silly because you could test + at 35 weeks, and then actually be - come EDD or birth, or vice versa.
So it's really rather silly, the way they test.

If I take them, I would stop taking them after the test (or whenever I happened to run out, more likely). I wouldn't bother continuing until birth, the test is all I'm worried about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dramamama View Post
The good bacteria in the probiotics overpower the bad bacteria (GBS).

Test Monday.

and for you - and all of us!

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:20 PM   #132
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Argh. So on my lunch break decided to run to the store to get egg dye, promised the kids we could dye eggs this weekend(we had a surplus of eggs so I hard boiled them and if they dye them, they'll eat them ) Well as I was walking to my car I started having some sharp pains. Figured it was just stretching, drove to the store, get out of the car and they start again. It's like a stabbing pulling type of pain really low, stopped me in my tracks a few times. When I sit down it feels ok, just a dull ache and kind of tight. I've drank plenty of water today, we weren't DTD or anything last night. I have noticed maybe a bit more discharge, I keep thinking maybe I have a yeast infection coming on Its just so random. I decided to call my midwife just because its Friday.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #133
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

hope you start feeling better, Denise!

My appt this morning was REALLY exciting but not because of anything that was happening to me.. lol. My good friend was in labor and as soon as my dr was done with me, she literally had to run to L&D because it was push time. So, very exciting time knowing that Andrea was literally giving birth while I was still at my appt.

On the down side... now it's my turn. I've been avoiding that reality while waiting on her baby to have it's premiere.

I'm 34+something.. I dunno, turn 35 weeks on Sunday. I am measuring 32 weeks. Which is normal for me - I think the long torso makes my fundal height always a couple weeks off. My next appt is at 37 weeks and that's when I'll get my GBS test. Well, I think I get to make an appt at 36 weeks with the hospital where I'll be delivering, but I'm sure that one will be fairly uneventful.

and THAT is what makes it seem like I'm going to have a baby. 34 weeks? pssh.. feels like it might as well be 29 weeks. But knowing I'll be 37 weeks at my next appt? THAT feels real

might be time to put the crib back together and bring out the swing
Old 03-01-2013, 02:15 PM   #134
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
I don't think they'd hurt, even if they didn't help, kwim?
but that's the thing.. since it could change so suddenly, I'd hate to take probiotics, fool the test, quit the probiotics, get it and then not have the antibiotics. If I was going to do it, I'd take them all the way to the end.

it seems wrong to just take them until the test. Like you're being sneaky or something.

Quote:
I read about all these amazing things dates do. Apparently studies show that woman who eat dates in the third month of pregnancy have shorter labors. LOL I am going to buy pounds upon pounds of these things. I eat them normally anyway but I hope it is true.
I read that too and forwarded the info to my friend who had the baby today. I don't know how many she ate, but I do know that she ate some. Her labor started at 1:30 this morning and baby arrived around 11? So, much much shorter than her last labor, I believe. but not exactly quick-quick. Although, she'd only first eaten her dates like.. 2 weeks ago? So if you started now.. and the doctor ran out to help at like 1045.. so I think she had very little time pushing. which.. is really what they're supposed to help, right?

so maybe they are awesome
Old 03-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #135
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post

but that's the thing.. since it could change so suddenly, I'd hate to take probiotics, fool the test, quit the probiotics, get it and then not have the antibiotics. If I was going to do it, I'd take them all the way to the end.
That's what I was thinking too. Id just hate to fool the test so to speak and have baby end up catching it.
mibarra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #136
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
As for dates you can bake them into things or make smoothies or even do homemade lara bars--then it does not look like you are eating a beetle.
Now I'm going to think of beetles when I see them!

AFM: Another appt today That makes 3 this week, including an u/s yesterday. Baby A is growing, but not as much as they would like, and has dipped back below >5% for abdomen measurements, so now they would like to do more frequent growth checks. Baby B is a little more than her, but still smallish. Although they've grown a lb each since the last check Of course, I'm smallish, so it could just be that, or it could be placenta problems. I think they are just being cautious, because it's probably just me, but that is ok. At least I gained some weight! I'm going to focus on eating and resting; why should something so easy be so hard?! I get to eat as much fat as I can stand. Milkshakes with protein powder and coconut oil. Too bad I need the protein powder in them; they'd be better without
My DH is picking up our new van today, and should be driving home now! Very exciting stuff! I hope everyone has a nice weekend, and that your weather is as fabulous as ours is today! Feels like spring!
Old 03-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #137
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176 View Post
Now I'm going to think of beetles when I see them!

AFM: Another appt today That makes 3 this week, including an u/s yesterday. Baby A is growing, but not as much as they would like, and has dipped back below >5% for abdomen measurements, so now they would like to do more frequent growth checks. Baby B is a little more than her, but still smallish. Although they've grown a lb each since the last check Of course, I'm smallish, so it could just be that, or it could be placenta problems. I think they are just being cautious, because it's probably just me, but that is ok. At least I gained some weight! I'm going to focus on eating and resting; why should something so easy be so hard?! I get to eat as much fat as I can stand. Milkshakes with protein powder and coconut oil. Too bad I need the protein powder in them; they'd be better without
My DH is picking up our new van today, and should be driving home now! Very exciting stuff! I hope everyone has a nice weekend, and that your weather is as fabulous as ours is today! Feels like spring!
My kids won't eat them bc they "look like bugs!" So I put them in smoothies or make oatmeal date bars.

I never had twins but my last 2 babies measured small so I know how you feel--sort of. Just hoping they start to pudge up!

As for milkshakes YUM!!!!!! Can you throw almond butter in there for some extra protien? Not sure I know any yummy protien powders but I would throw everything from nut butters to chia seeds in those milkshakes!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #138
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176 View Post

Hope everything will be ok mama!!!!
mibarra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #139
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My cousin had her baby girl today. She was due last week and went later. Her water broke on the way to the hospital to get induced. Her name is emilee Parker and she is 6 lbs 14 ounces.

My grandmother just had surgery and has been in the hospital for over a week. The good thing is is that it is the same hospital and they are going to take her up to see the baby tomorrow.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #140
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

aww.. yay! so exciting!

My friend who had her baby today.. just found out baby is on oxygen and antibiotics and hopefully won't get taken an hour away tomorrow to a NICU. Luckily, the hospital knows skin to skin with mom is best, so baby is with her for now and overnight.

they don't really know why baby is having difficulty breathing on her own. Mom is 39 weeks gestation and I don't know why the baby is on antibiotics, mom was gbs- when they checked, but that could change, of course.

AFM: DH just got orders today to go on a remote 1yr deployment in October. I really need a banana split. I didn't know that was something I considered a comfort food.. but that's what I really want, so I guess it must be. Tomorrow I think we will go get some ice cream.