Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #141
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Lots of chatting going on so I will just say:

Mibarra- sorry about your DH's job and that awful woman! Hopefully his interviewers dont fall for it.

Bai- I can only imagine how stressful it is to see the babies on the small side. I do know how frustrating and unappealing it is to eat when you dont want to-especially when its not the most tasty thing you could put together!

Denise- hope its nothing!

I love dates! My grandma used to bake some amazing things with them. Yum!

Would they even bother with gbs swab for a guaranteed c-sec? I am guessing not.

Afm, nothing new other than I am so close to 34 weeks I can taste it. I love crossing off these weeks!

Advertisement

Old 03-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #142
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Feb 24th - Mar 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
Its just so random. I decided to call my midwife just because its Friday.
it's nothing. KUP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
and THAT is what makes it seem like I'm going to have a baby. 34 weeks? pssh.. feels like it might as well be 29 weeks. But knowing I'll be 37 weeks at my next appt? THAT feels real
I'm not listening!!!! I keep purposefully not thinking about how far along I'll be at my next appt - it's suddenly feeling so close!

DH said that today actually - he said it seemed like February we had so much time, but now that it's March 1st it's so close. I laughed and told him I started feeling that way a couple weeks ago - hence why I've been so stressed about the room stuff and whatnot he needs to do!

Quote:
but that's the thing.. since it could change so suddenly, I'd hate to take probiotics, fool the test, quit the probiotics, get it and then not have the antibiotics. If I was going to do it, I'd take them all the way to the end.

it seems wrong to just take them until the test. Like you're being sneaky or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
That's what I was thinking too. Id just hate to fool the test so to speak and have baby end up catching it.
But that's the thing - if you can change from + to -, or - to + over a few days, without doing/changing anything at all... then anytime you have a - result you could actually be + when baby is born.
It's just silly that they bother with the testing. Either they should come up with a rapid test that could be done when labor starts, or they should treat everyone as if positive (although that would be refused/declined by many mamas).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176 View Post
AFM: Another appt today That makes 3 this week, including an u/s yesterday. Baby A is growing, but not as much as they would like, and has dipped back below >5% for abdomen measurements, so now they would like to do more frequent growth checks. Baby B is a little more than her, but still smallish.
all is well with them both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
My cousin had her baby girl today. She was due last week and went later. Her water broke on the way to the hospital to get induced. Her name is emilee Parker and she is 6 lbs 14 ounces.

My grandmother just had surgery and has been in the hospital for over a week. The good thing is is that it is the same hospital and they are going to take her up to see the baby tomorrow.
Congrats Auntie! I'm so glad they're going to help your grandma see the baby!

Quote:
My friend who had her baby today.. just found out baby is on oxygen and antibiotics and hopefully won't get taken an hour away tomorrow to a NICU.

AFM: DH just got orders today to go on a remote 1yr deployment in October. I really need a banana split. I didn't know that was something I considered a comfort food.. but that's what I really want, so I guess it must be. Tomorrow I think we will go get some ice cream.
Poor mama and baby.

I'm sorry about the deployment news. That stinks. I never can imagine being away from DH like that.
Hope you get your ice cream tomorrow. You deserve it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Would they even bother with gbs swab for a guaranteed c-sec? I am guessing not.
Likely they'll still plan to do it, just because that's how they do things. But I would decline, because of your circumstances - it's definitely going to be a c-sec, which removes any risk of baby contracting GBS regardless of your status, and you're also going to be on antibiotics regardless of your status because of the surgery - just no point in doing it at all.

AFM: The kids' skating Ice Show went really well! There were a lot of parents and grandparents there watching, which is really nice for the kids
Now we're all looking forward to a relaxing, do nothing, day at home tomorrow!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:14 AM   #143
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Laying here awake in bed just thinking. About everything in the world.

Hope everyone has a good day
Old 03-02-2013, 07:23 AM   #144
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

I'm up early after a lousy nights sleep... I have a sore patch on my ribs lower left back/side. I think it's pulled muscles from finishing the basement floor last weekend. And my other side only makes it half way through the night. Now I'm trying to figure out what else i need to do on baby's room. But the only really outstanding thing is the curtains and the hanging of the rod is my dad's task and my mom has the fabric and grommets and they are both sick so I'm not going near them. So I guess it will be back to cleaning and organizing other rooms.

I'm a bit jealous of you ladies with small babies... my U/S last week shows my little one at 35 weeks 6 days... except I'm only 33 and 4. I'm still measuring normal though... Dr just looked at me and said "well you're tall that's probably it" so hopefully he won't actually be huge. Otherwise he got full points on the U/S and looks great.

And would Date Squares count.... I could eat those endlessly. But yeah plain dates creep me out.

ISO: Fuzzibunz Elite OS, Lg Boy-ish G-diapers, MEAF M, ML, L
IHA: Sm G-diapers, pouches, g-cloth, NB Alvas, NB Sandies, NB Prefolds, NB Bummis covers
KendallMarie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:34 AM   #145
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have a feeling this one is bigger than my other two were. Figures since im hbing this time.

Sorry you didnt sleep well last night, i actually did for the first time in seversl nights.

Today is consignment sale shopping......for all 3 kiddos. Ugh. Dh wants me to keeep it at $100, but im not sure that possible. I need baby clothes for newborn to 6 months.

Bought myself my birthday present last night at a premier party. Jewelry
Old 03-02-2013, 07:43 AM   #146
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I definately think date squares count. I have to look it up there is something in the date that helps prepare the uterus. I love the whole food as your medicine--esp if it works

I have been prepring for asmallish baby and think I am going early Watch me go late and have the biggest baby!!! I like my Drs bc they are not u/s happy like other drs I have had but I have no clue how baby is measuring. I guess right on target. We will see.

Oh and for banana splits--I do no need them for comfort but I would totally go get one with you!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #147
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Hope everyone has a good day
Argh. I'm grumpy and tired today.
I'm going to get some laundry and chores done... and then I might go to town by myself - go to the baby "boutique" store that I won't take any kids in, lol, look for some more yarn, get a couple things for hospital bags (pp pads, nursing pads, pacis for Hiccup), etc. Oh, and get our poor doggie some more food!
Hoping getting away for a few hours will take away the feeling that I just want to run away

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallMarie View Post
I'm up early after a lousy nights sleep.

I'm a bit jealous of you ladies with small babies... my U/S last week shows my little one at 35 weeks 6 days... except I'm only 33 and 4. I'm still measuring normal though... Dr just looked at me and said "well you're tall that's probably it" so hopefully he won't actually be huge. Otherwise he got full points on the U/S and looks great.
Ugh, sorry about the bad nights' sleep. I had one last night, too.

They give a window of 2lbs +/- for u/s, so it's really hard to tell by that alone. I would say go by how baby feels... but you don't have others to compare it to, lol.
If baby is longer, especially long legs, he's going to be "bigger" on u/s - they measure and then the machine spits out a weight guess based on length - but it's always the same ratio, kwim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
I have a feeling this one is bigger than my other two were. Figures since im hbing this time.

Today is consignment sale shopping......for all 3 kiddos. Ugh. Dh wants me to keeep it at $100, but im not sure that possible. I need baby clothes for newborn to 6 months.
Like I said above, go by your feelings of baby's size, not the u/s guess and not even how big or small you are. I've had a pretty good feeling about all the boys' sizes - DS1 felt the same as DD (1oz difference), DS2 felt bigger than them both (was 1lb+ bigger), and the one OB who wanted to induce me (NOT my own OB) kept telling me DS3 was huge, well over 9lbs... I felt like he wasn't as big as DS2, but a little bigger than DS1 and DD... he was about half a lb bigger than the older 2, and half a lb smaller than DS2. to that rotten OB!

Good luck with your shopping day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
I like my Drs bc they are not u/s happy like other drs I have had but I have no clue how baby is measuring.
Meh, don't base too much on the u/s anyways I had 4-5 u/s with DD, 2 with DS1, 3 (plus a couple really quick, like 1-2 minute, ones to check positioning) with DS2. Then 1 with DS3 until we did one at 41+2
So far I've only had the 1 with Hiccup. Don't foresee any others.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #148
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post

They give a window of 2lbs +/- for u/s, so it's really hard to tell by that alone. I would say go by how baby feels... but you don't have others to compare it to, lol.
If baby is longer, especially long legs, he's going to be "bigger" on u/s - they measure and then the machine spits out a weight guess based on length - but it's always the same ratio, kwim?
Yeah, it's a pretty big margin of error. I think for mine they measure around the waist or something because my weight/length doesn't match up. Both DD2 and this baby measure right on for weight and a week ahead for length. DD2 was only 6lb 13 oz but 21 inches at birth. So far this one's looking similar. I'm ok with long skinny babies

I'm sooooo glad I get to escape for my massage today. I've never had one before
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #149
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
6lb 13 oz but 21 inches at birth.
I can't imagine a baby that long and that skinny! My kids have been around 21-22" (except DS2... who was 23.5"!) but then all over 8lbs, never dipping below 8, so they've at least had some "meat" on them!
Old 03-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #150
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Yeah, DS was a little early and was 22" and 8 lbs 15oz!