Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #41
andrea020611
Registered Users

Re: Chat Thread ~ Feb 24th - Mar 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
AFM, started watching downton abbey on hulu. Now I am sad because I am almost through the second season and season three isn't out yet. What will I watch next??
Have you seen Call the Midwife? Another BBC show, I've only seen the first few episodes but it's really good.

Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #42
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
And we are going to buy a van! An 8 passenger Sienna, I love it, love that it seats 8 so the 3 kids can sit together in the middle and we'll have tons of room in the back!
We have the 8 passenger Sienna. I LOVE IT!!!! The middle seat is slightly narrower than the other two, but I don't think it would be a huge issue to get 3 across in there. We're planning on taking out the side seat, putting baby in the middle of the middle row, DD2 next to baby, and then DD1 in the 3rd row behind where we removed the seat, so people can still ride with us. I'm also going to try scooting the middle seat up so we can easily see baby from the front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
So last night I woke up at 3am with some side pains on my right side, then at 350 I woke up with a really intense severe side pains that hurt from my hip, my side and kind of around my back. The intensity ranged from 5/10 to 7/10. I got up, I cried, I writhed in pain for 20+ minutes. No position helped. It started out like an ice cream headache, but then turned into a kidney stone/gallbladder......though ive never had either one:/ maybe gas pains?

Now im terrified of labor pains..im a wuss.
So sorry mama. Don't be scared! It'll be ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Hmm... maybe just different muscles stretching. There's really quite a bit of weight in there that your body doesn't always carry, kwim?
I hope so. I definitely had a little growth spurt again too. I'll mention it at my appt, I go weekly now.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #43
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
I think it must have been gas and the d/c was a fluke i guess.

Probably overdid it today. All the floors were cleaned, laundry, kitchen, fridge.......now my sciatica is howling.

yay for a 8 seater sienna!!! Sounds fancy pants!!! Im still driving my civic o.O
Mid march we start the hunt and dh is leaning toward a pacifica. I'll take anything that fits all three kids so i dont care, but if we had $$ i choose a traverse or 2013 odyssey
Old 02-25-2013, 08:47 PM   #44
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I think it must have been gas and the d/c was a fluke i guess.

Probably overdid it today. All the floors were cleaned, laundry, kitchen, fridge.......now my sciatica is howling.

yay for a 8 seater sienna!!! Sounds fancy pants!!! Im still driving my civic o.O
Mid march we start the hunt and dh is leaning toward a pacifica. I'll take anything that fits all three kids so i dont care, but if we had $$ i choose a traverse or 2013 odyssey
The Odyssey has more bells and whistles than the Sienna, but costs more or Id have one too. Both have great reliability.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #45
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

WhooHoo, glad you love yours! I cannot wait
Old 02-25-2013, 09:28 PM   #46
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea020611 View Post
Have you seen Call the Midwife? Another BBC show, I've only seen the first few episodes but it's really good.
I've seen them all, it's really good! They showed them on our local PBS station.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #47
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
I definitely had a little growth spurt again too. I'll mention it at my appt, I go weekly now.
Definitely a good idea. I don't think it warrants an emergency call, but definitely worth mentioning.

Quote:
Yikes! Busy mama! Better take it easy tomorrow!

AFM: Hiccup is most definitely head down tonight - sharp little feet sticking right out the left side of my belly, just where Levi always shoved his feet out - ouchie!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:29 AM   #48
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Today we're going to buy our van, then a tour of the birth center and my midwife appointment! So excited for a whole day with DH!
Old 02-26-2013, 06:33 AM   #49
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

What kind of van are you getting? We LOVE our T&C!

Well, I almost didn't post this because I felt kind of like a crazy FTM, but we went to the OB yesterday to have baby checked out. Two nights ago he seemed to not be moving much at all. But still occasional movements. Weak and lethargic feeling. I chalked it up to a busy day and went to bed. Overnight, he'll bump around when I get up to pee and especially get a drink. Nothing. That morning he moved a little in bed, but nothing after breakfast. We even each got a big diet coke at mc'ds on the way to run some morning errands, I felt one kick. Came home, had lunch, laid DS down for a nap, no moving. I ate three small pieces of chocolate to wake him up and still nothing. :/

I pushed in pretty good on one side and he shifted, bbut that was it. Pushed on the other and he shifted again but that was it.

Finally called the ob and asked for advice. They had us come in right away and hook up to the belly monitor. Of course on the way there he started moving like crazy. I let them know when ee got there (literally a 5 minute drive) that he was moving a ton now, but they luckily still wanted to do a 20 min monitor. He was a super happy baby, kicking at the tight straps lol.

I told my ob I was sorry they had to work me jn and she was very reassuring. Said they have had moms play it up to a sleepy baby for a few days and finally come in only to find the baby has died. so I am glad we went in, and he's been bonking around like normal since. He literally moves all. The. Time! So it was really abnormal for him to be sooo lethargic for 15+ hrs.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:38 AM   #50
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
I've not taken them myself, but have heard of many mamas that do and say it helps.
I've often heard that mamas start them at 35-36 weeks orally, gradually increasing the dose, then add internally as well at 37-38 weeks.
Here's a few info sites I found:
How to Use EPO to Induce Labor
Raspberry Leaf Tea & EPO FAQs
a chat thread on some forum, but with MW instructions in at least the second post

Hope that's of some help! You could always start a thread in the pregnancy board asking for what other mamas used for doses.
Thanks for the links! A friend suggested to me that it makes the dilation process quicker when the time comes. I definitely don't want to induce labor early, but if I can help the process out when it comes (naturally), I'd be more than willing to do that.