Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #61
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor
I thought it was normal to have shorter labors with subsequent kids?
That's just what people tell you. My first 3 were 7-9 hours each, and #4 was 14! I wasn't prepared for that! Maybe I am just not normal

Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #62
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Feb 24th - Mar 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
I thought it was normal to have shorter labors with subsequent kids?
I think it is. Statistically speaking.

but, just like you can say things like 'statistically, most women do not experience their water breaking prior to labor' and then have 30 women respond that they did... well.. it seems like anecdotally, it must be false information.

but it's still true. For the majority. Just not for every individual
Old 02-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #63
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Well, the epo and rrl certainly didnt hurt but i suppose it could have been shorter reguardless. 4 hour labor was definitely intense, too!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #64
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post

but, just like you can say things like 'statistically, most women do not experience their water breaking prior to labor' and then have 30 women respond that they did... well.. it seems like anecdotally, it must be false information.

This.

I'll be installing the base soon, I'm 35 weeks tomorrow. We have to rearrange seats and DH doesn't know the install as well as me. I probably won't put the seat into the base for another week or two. I like to be prepared.

Got curtains, once those go up and I do some minor rearranging babies room is ready! Got everything sorted for last Goodwill trip. Packing hospital bag this weekend. I just feel like baby will be here early... need to move cradle inside and wash cradle sheets too! Getting so excited to meet my newest LO!!!!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #65
rverrone11
Registered Users
seller
seller

I won't install car seat until a couple weeks before I'm due.

We still need to finish painting, installing hardwood floors, building the closet, etc. in our bedroom....it's a mess right now.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:33 PM   #66
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange

You are right. I just seem to have lots of those exceptions. Like my water breaking before labor, having a baby on her due date, twins with no twins anywhere in the family... Apparently I like to be contrary. Just ask my mom! Now I'm just trying not to have a lot of expectations!
Old 02-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #67
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Feb 24th - Mar 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
Well my midwife appointment went great!
Toured the birch center and it looks great. Only thing that rubbed me wrong was the nurse talked about keeping babies in the nursery overnight so mom can sleep, I told her we'll be keeping her in our room, and she just kind of seemed weird.
When are you guys installing your car seats?
for a good appt! I'm glad to hear that she's measuring "on" again. Didn't they send you for an u/s to check on her size and whatnot? Were there any results from that?

Hearing that (babies going to the nursery) would kinda worry me. I have heard of many hospitals where baby is not allowed to be in the room unless someone is awake - so mom can't sleep when she's alone with baby Hate that policy. Maybe just double check that one.
Our hospital only has a NICU - and that's obviously for babies who need to be there, not just a place for healthy babies to be while mom sleeps, kwim?

Umm... we have to decide on and get the car seat first. Then we'll decide when to install it!
It's not spring enough just yet for me to get in the van and play with Levi's radian - need to do that first to see if it would fit at a newborn angle. Then I need to dig around in the storage room to see if I have the infant inserts for that seat. If it fits, and I have the inserts, we'll get a new seat for Levi (the "base" one of those). If it fits but I don't have the inserts, Hiccup will get the new one (with inserts).

Soooo... basically! I usually don't bother doing it much before 37-38 weeks anyways, so I figure it'll be done around the same-ish time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallMarie View Post
AFM: Officially have started my leave now... not exactly sure what I'm going to do with myself for the next 7 weeks but it is a relief not to have to worry about work anymore. Had an ultra sound today to follow up the NST last week... little one is still incredibly stubborn. Would not uncross his legs for a confirmation on him being a him. Then wouldn't turn his head for that bit of the scan. Though the tech kept commenting on how low his head is... so who knows maybe it won't be 7 weeks.
Don't get too bored with all this time off, lol! Enjoy your last alone time, relax, go for a massage and a manicure!
Sorry about the stubborn boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Firstly because she's too tall for it to stay rearfacing, so we had to switch it around, then because we disagreed on how to install it and then because his truck is a pain in the butt to get to the top strap thingy. blah.. she loved facing forward.. but luckily doesn't seem to care that she still sits rearfacing in mom's car. I guess the carseat in my car is a little taller.
What seats do you have for her in your vehicles?

AFM: Oy for days off of school in the middle of the week (I know it's not the actual middle, but after having school yesterday then not today the kids are weird!). I'm ready for bed all ready!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #68
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
So, we need to get bunkbeds before i can set up the nursery, i need a bigger car before i can install the infant seat so that has to wait. :/

We are just last minute waiting for the yearly bonus which is suppose to be deposited mar 15th. Tax refund goes to pay the mw

I think tomorrow i will go thru toys in boy closet to make room for girls toys so i can get baby's room cleared a little yay!!! An impromtu plan.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #69
andrea020611
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport
So, we need to get bunkbeds before i can set up the nursery, i need a bigger car before i can install the infant seat so that has to wait. :/

We are just last minute waiting for the yearly bonus which is suppose to be deposited mar 15th. Tax refund goes to pay the mw

I think tomorrow i will go thru toys in boy closet to make room for girls toys so i can get baby's room cleared a little yay!!! An impromtu plan.
We need to upgrade our car too, and buy the infant car seat. I get kind of panicky when I think of car shopping... So much work! Trying to decide between a sienna or a caravan, or maybe we will stick with a sedan and go with an accord... Just want more room for our rear facers and enough space in case we have a third baby in a couple of years.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #70
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport
Lol, sounds like us! We did get bunk beds set up over the weekend. And we found a car to buy. My DH is driving 4.5 hours on Friday to go get it. We do still have to buy infant seats. I'm really hoping some family members will go in on those. Baby shower on the 17th, so we will see .