Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Not Pling Anytime Soon

I have an almost three year old that has zero interest in potty learining and we aren't a house the forces it. I'm hoping to get a two for one this summer when I work with my then 18 month old.

Until then he wears BG 4.0 stuffed with prefolds, but they are causing some monster chafing and it just is and looks painful. He's a runner and is very active. WWYD stuffable trainers, are there some that hold more? It really just needs to be a narrower crotch diaper, but I'm not investing in anymore diapers when I have a 35 month old and a 15 month old. We are not planning for another for awhile.

Advertisement

seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #2
fluffycheeks
Registered Users
seller

Why not try some sandies? They can double as trainers when you do start doing the potty thing.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
kirst
Registered Users
seller

Re: Not Pling Anytime Soon

The Sandies are not narrower in the crotch, but they are much softer and I think would be great for PLing. I found my son went through a stage where the rise snaps on his fully unsnapped OS pockets were rubbing and causing chaffing, so it has been nice to have the Sandy's to "spell off". I did end up changing to some trimmer inserts for the pockets though, which stopped the rubbing.
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #4
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffycheeks View Post
Why not try some sandies? They can double as trainers when you do start doing the potty thing.
Are they pretty narrow through the crotch?
Old 02-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would look into Snap-EZ pocket trainers. I just order more for my 3 year old at night time. They are a bit narrower through the crotch and they snap off at the sides for accidents. Plus they are trainers so he can start pulling them down himself when he is ready. The pockets are fleece lined so similar to what he is use to.

I got my 3 year old larges, he is on the smaller waist snap and they fit well with room to stuff for nighttime and room to grow. The front might be a little poofy for him, but with a narrow crotch I think they will still work well for you. They are more narrow than the BG, that is what he used for nighttime until we started looking for trainers.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 02-25-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #6
lalalion
Registered Users
seller

Maybe just try some less bulky inserts. There are lots of natural fiber inserts that will be less bulky between the legs than a prefold.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #7
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

true, Not sure what prefold you are using, but I've been testing the max absorbency of stuff I have at home. My Medium diaper rite cotton prefolds held 10oz. You could achieve that with a Med joey bunz hemp and a grovia cotton doubler. That would be pretty trim and 12oz. Course this is what I have at home. Maybe a large or extra large joey bunz hemp would accomplish the same thing?..
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #8
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalalion View Post
Maybe just try some less bulky inserts. There are lots of natural fiber inserts that will be less bulky between the legs than a prefold.
Ideas? He is what I would call an extreme wetter.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #9
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacat

Ideas? He is what I would call an extreme wetter.
Thirsties Hemp prefolds could work. They are really trim and a lot of people can get through a night in a size 2 so they'd be good for a heavy wetter.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #10
Micheliala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know about trainers but the thirsties duo hemp prefolds would be a good choice for insert. When we had this same problem I fell in love with softbums, so trim and just overall softness on his bum.

Hyenacart, Babyshapes on Etsy
Micheliala is offline   Reply With Quote