Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-24-2013, 07:31 PM   #11
AmandaA
Registered Users
seller

Re: Diaper Bag Alternatives?

I use a Lands End Canvas bag. It has a shoulder strap and shorter handles. It is on the smaller side and is smaller than my PPB boxy backpack but still big enough for the basics and my wallet, phone, etc. Will wash well when needed and be used long after we are done with diaper bags.

Advertisement

AmandaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #12
LaurelBelle
Curator of Newborn Diaper Forum Reference Sticky
seller

I separate my stuff into separate Gro-via drawstring wet bags (dipes, snacks, change of clothes, misc supplies) and then I can use whatever bag I feel like since I just move the inner bags. It's worked great for us.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #13
nahrie
Registered Users

I use a Targus backpack that's meant for carrying a laptop. Because it's aimed at that idea, it has dividers and more pockets than your average backpack.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #14
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

I am using a Vera Bradley Campus Tote. Love it! It looks great with two or three diapers, a wetbag, and other random baby stuff in it when I'm out with the baby, and it also looks great when I'm out alone with just my stuff. You know how some bags look or feel weird when over or under stuffed? This one looks and feels great no matter what.

I chose this one over any of the other totes because it has outside slip pockets on the ends that hold my water bottle and the baby's cup perfectly.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #15
simplykarenp
Registered Users
seller
seller

I use large purses to keep the essentials, wipes, diaper and a blanket and everything else I need in a large bag that stays in the car. I also use the purse to carry my stuff(phone, keys, wallet) I hate carrying around a jumbo bag filled with kid stuff because half the time I never use any of it.
simplykarenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:11 PM   #16
mali
Registered
seller
seller

I just put a few diapers, wipes, change of clothes, and extra wet bag into a small wet bag and keep it on the counter. Then DH or I can throw it into whatever bag (or directly into the stroller basket or whatever). I don't really understand diaper bags.
mali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:08 AM   #17
Cortney
Registered Users
seller

I don't have any bags that were specifically made as a diaper bag. I just use random tote bags,etc. I like variety and so I feel like I get that.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:20 AM   #18
Bellamoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I use a Vera Bradley messenger bag. It holds everything I need it too plus more!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:26 AM   #19
MommaTooters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I switch it up between my Thirty-One Retro Metro tote, my (almost) 6 year olds outgrown Lands End preschool backpack, a small monkey preschool bag from Childrens Place, my Vera bowler bag, and my JJ Cole Mode Tote diaper bag (with the long strap removed).
MommaTooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #20
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am planning on packing an old backpack with everything we generally need to leave in the car for my 3 year old (change of clothes, books, car toys, travel potty, etc) that we can easily switch between cars. (i use to have the family car, but come the nicer weather my husbands car will be the family car -- but I still need to use my car days that it is just us out together). then planning on using a small bag for snacks and things I will need inside where ever we are going.

I haven't made the switch yet though. For the small bag I have a one shoulder small sling bag I like, only thing it is missing is a waterbottle holder on the outside.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote