Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #1
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Where can you get Cestari yarn?

I like Cestari and want to get some but at their online store, it's $12 for a skein which is fine but $18 for shipping! Can you get it anywhere else?

Advertisement

Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:37 PM   #2
Teddyandnick
Registered Users
seller
seller

Try your local yarn store. None of the ones close to me carry it, but one store 2 hrs away shipped it to me and it was a lot cheaper than cestari's website shipping. Or you could try to order from a coop too.
Teddyandnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:26 AM   #3
jmb162
Registered Users
seller

Re: Where can you get Cestari yarn?

Whoa $18 shipping?! That's crazy. I just found a local yarn store that supposedly carries it. I have no idea how much it costs per skein though. I'm hoping to get up there this Saturday to check it out.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:27 AM   #4
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wish we had a local yarn store! I've looked on Ravelry and they list a couple in Atlanta but they're a ways from where I am. I know I looked at Cestari's list of retailers and didn't see anything close by...can't remember if there was anything in Atlanta or not. I guess I'll just keep watching FSOT and looking for a co-op.

But yeah, they only ship UPS so for 1-3 skeins, it's $18, then goes up when you add the fourth skein. I think it would take a LOT of yarn to find the sweet spot where the shipping would be practical....and I don't need that much. I just love that it's soft and doesn't pill at all.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:28 AM   #5
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wish we had a local yarn store! I've looked on Ravelry and they list a couple in Atlanta but they're a ways from where I am. I know I looked at Cestari's list of retailers and didn't see anything close by...can't remember if there was anything in Atlanta or not. I guess I'll just keep watching FSOT and looking for a co-op.

But yeah, they only ship UPS so for 1-3 skeins, it's $18, then goes up when you add the fourth skein. I think it would take a LOT of yarn to find the sweet spot where the shipping would be practical....and I don't need that much. I just love that it's soft and doesn't pill at all.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #6
Cdra
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've been wondering the same thing. I love cestari buy have only been able to find it a few times in fsot. I wish I could find a coop.