Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #1
Question Wishing for VBAC

So, 3 vag babies (9.13 lbs, 10.2 lbs, 10.10 lbs) and 1 section (11.10 lbs) and I'm desperately hoping to have a vbac. The hospital network in my area says no way no how. It is a blanket policy that they won't perform one. So, I am looking to go to Women & Infants in Providence RI. Its just a bit out of my area but, not by too far. The 3 vag births were induced and I was diabetic for two of them. I am much healthier and more active now and am hoping to not have such a miserable pregnancy and terible birth experience.

Anyone from my area have experience with leaving the southcoast hopsital network?

Or anyone have a story like mine and want to tell me your success (horror) story??

ChunkyMunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:00 PM   #2
Registered Users
I am in MA but not south coast. I do know there are some great home birth midwives in the area and a birth center I believe if you are interested in going that route.
Mommy to Fiona 12/09 and new baby Layla 3/12 a HBAC!
umphreysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:16 AM   #3
Registered Users
I had a vbac 11 weeks ago at women and infants. I delivered with women's care and had a midwife and a doula. Labor and delivery were great. I had amazing nurses who were so supportive. I labored at home with my doula and got to triage at 9cm. They eventually broke my water which had thick meconium (I was 41w 6d). They never freaked out or pulled the section card. I pushed for two hours and ended up with one stitch. I really felt like the nurses were as invested in my success as I was. That being said I hated the recovery rooms and staff! They are so small and they are constantly bothering you. I was begging to be released the night I have birth (had baby at 4:09am). I had to stay the two nights to monitor the baby bc of the meconium (she was totally fine). Let me know if you have any other questions! Sturdy in attleboro does vbacs as does memorial in Pawtucket (dr. Morton is supposed to be incredible).
Mcorey41 is offline   Reply With Quote