Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-25-2013, 02:04 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
I have planet wise wetbags that are big enough for about 6 diapers. Two have a little strap for hanging and two don't. Either is fine for the diaper bag, but at daycare they like to put the bag on a hook, so they like the one with a loop. I really like them. Ditto what a pp said about going for quality. I started with the Kushies drawstring ones and they would have been ok, but I pretty much wore them out from constant use. I wanted to start cheap in case I don't stick with it. Also a lot of times I stuff a few plastic grocery sacks in the diaper bag pocket for backup in case I forget a wetbag and they get the job done.
For at home I have kissa's pail liners. I love them. I bought two new and one used so there's always one ready to go. I wash with the dipes but hang dry. I use them in a trash can with the foot pedal to open the top. I love having it hands free especially when I've got a mess.

AngelElle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #12
Registered Users
My cheapest wet bags worked really well. I bought 2 coolababy med wet/dry bags for the diaper bag and they held up well. Comfortably fit 4 diapers. Might be able to fit more in.

I had an organic planet wise XL or L hanging wet/dry bag. Sucked. The handle wanted to separate from the bag (or rather, rip the cotton outer of the bag), and the PUL isn't as tough as my other bags. If the handles were attached better it could hold a lot of diapers, but it didn't seem like it was designed well.

I had a pail liner that I hung by the elastic toggle that worked well for quite a while. Got it from a WAHM on babycenter. Seems like her screen name was itsme57 or something like that. Inexpensive and got the job done. It was going strong for a long time until I think it got washed differently and went from perfect to delaminating in one wash. Can't remember if it was bleach or what that was put in the cycle. It could hold about 1.5- 2 days worth of diapers for 2 kids.

Now I have another pail liner that I use hanging by the drawstring. Got it in a trade I think. It is from Blue Pengiun, and seems pretty tough. Used for several months so far. Can hold 3 days worth of diapers for 1 kid.

Also have a L or XL hanging wet/dry bag by ramie baby designs. Also traded for. Thick, strong PUL. Holds at least 2 days of diapers.
Wife to Joe. Proud, tired mommy to Captain Destructive (6/09), Sir Screams-a-lot (8/10), and another little miracle due 3/13.
Trusting God brings life. Believing brings rest.

Last edited by joeslittlewoman; 02-26-2013 at 01:30 PM.
joeslittlewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:00 PM   #13
li'l skeeter
Registered Users
Re: Talk to me about wetbags.

I have 2 large planetwise pail wetbags. I use a cheap 13 gal. flip lid garbage pail that I put the wetbag into, with elastic top edging. I use one while the other is in the wash (i wash every other day) can hold ALOT of diapers! I'd say a full bag of diapers/covers is about 3-4 covers, a 20-24 prefolds, 8-12 softbums inserts...or more!

For daycare, I send a planetwise hanging wet/dry bag that can hold up to 20-24 diapers...way more than necessary and the dry side of the bag is nice to have to put in wet/dirty clothes. Will be very useful too after the diapering stage!

I have a small dry bag that holds about 4 diapers that I use in my diaper bag for short outings (can't remember the brand).
li'l skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote