Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #11
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Men all over the place? You need a BIG BRIGHT sign with BIG BOLD LETTERS THAT ARE CLEAR.

DO NOT ENTER. OFFICE IS BEING USED PRIVATELY.

Eta: I don't mean to imply that all men are dull and vague. But my Dh can stare in the fridge for 5 minutes and ask where the milk is when is right in front at eye level.

Advertisement

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***

Last edited by mommabritt; 02-25-2013 at 12:01 PM.
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #12
CASMama711
Registered Users
Formerly: chmom77
seller

Re: pumping in my office, what sign should I put on my door?

At the school I used to work at, there were always pumping moms. There was always a sign on the door that just said, "Do not disturb" and the secretaries were told what was happening and when, in case anyone asked about the sign.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:02 PM   #13
jmb162
Registered Users
seller

The sign on my office says "Private meeting in process. Please do not disturb." HR printed it for me :-/

I love the cows!!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #14
Sarai*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, working with nurses, you sure just do away with those niceties. We just have a pumping room.

(male) Charge nurse (I had my first when I was working as an ER nurse) "Sarai, you are up for the next ambulance"
Me:"No, Scott, I haven't gotten to pump in the last six hours. If you don't let me go NOW, my breasts will explode."
Charge nurse: "Sounds entertaining, take the ambulance, and I'll set up some bleachers."
Old 02-25-2013, 10:39 PM   #15
firemommaof1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursenmom View Post
I put the international breastfeeding sign with the words "Please do not disturb. Check back in 15 minutes" or something similar, I don't remember the exact phrasing.
Love this idea and your Avi!
Kai Grayson Arrived June 3 2014
firemommaof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:27 AM   #16
MamaWeeks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarai*
Well, working with nurses, you sure just do away with those niceties. We just have a pumping room.

(male) Charge nurse (I had my first when I was working as an ER nurse) "Sarai, you are up for the next ambulance"
Me:"No, Scott, I haven't gotten to pump in the last six hours. If you don't let me go NOW, my breasts will explode."
Charge nurse: "Sounds entertaining, take the ambulance, and I'll set up some bleachers."
I know what you mean! I had to step away from a meeting today because of the potential explosive breasts. Lol.
MamaWeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:10 AM   #17
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I pump in our laundry supply room. I have a note that says knock before entering. I work with a bunch of women and am completely comfortable pumping around them and they dont' care. This is my third child. If they really need to get some clean laundry then they can come in.

For a week our normal lady that does the laundry was gone and the person that was put in her place folded laundry and chatted with my while I pumped.

Just because you have a sign doesn't mean everyone will read it. We had an new uniform delivery man and he didnt' pay any attention (uniforms are not stored in that room anyway) and walked right in. The look on his face was priceless.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:37 PM   #18
FairSailing188
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not to stereotype, but men do tend to be less "aware" than women about these kinds of things. We have a pumping room here, but a coworker has an office and she has a sign that says "DO NOT DISTURB PRIVATE MEETING" on a hot pink piece of card stock. She had it laminated and it sticks to her door. It's been a few months now and most people that work with her regularly know, but it helps to be very jarring so people notice and don't try to do the knock and walk in.

Under normal circumstances I'd say I told you so. But, as I have told so with such vehemence and frequency already the phrase has lost all meaning. Therefore, I will be replacing it with the phrase, I have informed you thusly.
FairSailing188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:34 PM   #19
twinmomstl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Do not enter... unless you want breast milk sprayed in your face
Working my dream job as NICU Nurse . I have two not so little monsters Dominick and Gavin born 08/08/08 Still TTC #3
twinmomstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #20
Arabesque
Registered Users

My Mood:
A lawyer I used to work for had a picture of a cow and a note that said "Please do not enter. If you need me, please call extension XXX".