Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-05-2013, 06:54 PM   #21
omgoodgravy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: pumping in my office, what sign should I put on my door?

Can you get one of those long sticks that people use for security to double secure their door? It's a long stick has a rubber foot and cups around the door handle. They are used for extra security on outside doors in some homes from the inside. We have one at work and I propped it against my door no one could get in. That and a sign may offer you extra comfort better milk making!

Advertisement

omgoodgravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #22
twood80
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sign: "DO NOT DISTURB", the international symbol for breastfeeding, a picture of a milk cow. A chair behind the door so it can't just be thrown open. And if shared online calendars are normal at your work, post it on your calendar too. If it bothers you to talk while pumping, make it your policy not to answer the phone or talk through the door; tell them to send you email or wait.
twood80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #23
two4onemoms
Registered Users

I am using a sign that says "please do not disturb", but I have also been pretty open with my co-workers about the fact that I am taking breaks to pump. My guess is that as much as I would hate to be interrupted, they are all even more worried about seeing something they don't want to see!
two4onemoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #24
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My old classroom had a "book storage" room that was between two classrooms. Another teacher and I shared it. We got some "Got Milk" signs from the cafeteria to put on the door. I really wanted a sign that said milking parlor, but the other teacher was a little uneasy with the "Got Milk" signs so that is all we did. I also always made sure to lock the other teacher's door just to make sure no one opened it though.
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #25
cmarsh31
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

"storage" room where I taught (formerly a bathroom with the toilets removed ) - it was a locked door that only people who used the storage room had keys to but a public HS hallway - sign said Seance in Session, do not enter.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #26
Sleep deprived
Registered Users

Mine said "[DEPARTMENT] Please knock. I will be with you shortly."

I'm a one woman show, but almost all my requests are virtual. If someone needed me urgently enough to interrupt pumping, I'd pack things up. And it was pretty obvious what I was doing - I stored the milk in the office fridge.
Sleep deprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #27
ashfost212
Registered Users
seller

I just put "DO NOT ENTER" and a cartoon pic of a cow on mine.
ashfost212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #28
amomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Since you can't lock your door, get a rubber door stop and shove it under the door from the inside so that it can't easily be opened. Then a simple, "please come back in 15 minutes" or something like that taped to the outside of the door should work.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #29
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I put a sign up that said--DO NOT COME IN FOR ANY REASON with a picture of a baby bottle.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:56 PM   #30
carrollrj25
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmyann
People have to use the ladies room here and its a multi stall bathroom for several companies so they just can't lock the door. Most people just pump and cover up while doing it in the bathroom. Sadly there is no place to sit in the bathoom near the outlet. None of our offices have locking doors and all the office walls are glass see thru so the only privacy you can get here is the bathroom or your car.

I would put Pumping please don't disturb.
You know this is illegal right? If you're fine pumping in the bathroom, that's fine, but if not, it's against federal law that the bathroom is all you've got.

Also, I had to put a sign up that said exactly what I was doing as one of the guys ignored my "do not disturb" sign and was about 30 late from seeing all.
carrollrj25 is offline   Reply With Quote