Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #1
Registered Users
Explain how shipping things works

I'm doing some crocheting to make a little extra money. I'm thinking of opening an etsy shop. How do you ship things? I believe you can print labels off from paypal? I need a kitchen weigh scale right? What else do I need to know about shipping? I'm in Canada

Mommy to sweet daughter K Nov 2011 & N May 2013. Wife to wonderful husband D since Sept 2008. Always remembering baby J 10wks Missing baby Q 13wks
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:04 AM   #2
Chickadee & Me
Registered Users
Formerly: Scifisarah
My Mood:
Re: Explain how shipping things works

I use this scale and really like it: I'm not sure how your shipping system in Canada works, but here in the states I can look at the USPS website and get estimates for how much shipping would cost based on weights and where it would be going. On Etsy I have different shipping templates I created so I don't have to type it in every time. Like XL longies cost X to Canada Y to US and Z to Everywhere else in the world. Make sure to include packaging cost in the pricing, as it is part of the shipping cost. Make sure you estimate high enough that the customer pays enough for the shipping and packaging, but not so much that you are charging them way over.

On Etsy if you accept direct credit card payments I think you can print labels straight from Etsy. I only accept Paypal though, so I go there to create my labels.
Sarah Eddy
Chickadee & Me

Chickadee & Me is offline   Reply With Quote