Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-12-2013, 08:37 PM   #21
ladiebug2663
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Which method of PT worked for you?

We are using ohcrappottytraining and im in awe. It works without having to use a doll or rewarding with treats, did u use treats to teach them to walk? That hit home with me. Any way its worth the money to check out and it close to 300 pages long! Lots of information! Plus a dad cheat sheet hahaha. And it addressesdaycare. Anyway, thank u to the ladies here because reading these posts made me want to try it, i also bought the potty train in one day, and it just wasnt for me.

Advertisement

ladiebug2663 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:40 PM   #22
sotalicious
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had never heard of the ohcrap method. I am going to have to check it out. My boys are interested and love to sit on their little potties, but they rarely actually do anything in them.
sotalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:14 AM   #23
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirichie View Post
After reading the reviews for Potty Train Your Child in Just One Day by Teri Crane, I decided that was the route I was going to try. The reason it is so wonderful, in my opinion, is because it makes potty training a happy thing. You literally throw a potty training party for your little one! What little kid doesn't like that? Also, it tells you the signs to look for to know they're ready, and has them practice first by teaching their little doll/stuffed animal, which was helpful. It's a proven method that I believe would work for almost any child, and I would recommend it to anyone!
As it has been awhile I am not completely sure it is the same method we used with daughter. I did try a potty train in one day book with my oldest. It failed miserably. If I remember correctly she held her urine until she was crying with the need to go and I put her diaper back on and gave up. She potty trained around 6-8 months later.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #24
FoxBaby
Registered Users

After about a year of just having the potty seat available for "trying out", my daughter (at 30 months) seemed ready, so we made a big deal of a three day countdown to no diapers so she wasnt surprised. We washed and boxed all her cloth dipes for the new baby. I had a week off work between Christmas and New Year, so we stayed home, pumped her full of liquids (juice as a treat!) and sat on the potty every half hour or so. I had her in training pants for the first couple days, but she just treated them like diapers, so we went straight to undies. Lots of pee messes the first couple days, then fewer and fewer until I was comfortable taking her out after about five days. Nothing magic about it - I think the key was that she was ready. Good luck!
FoxBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:22 PM   #25
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Each kid is so different.

For DD1--the potty timer. We started by going every 20 minutes and sitting for 10 minutes. We did this the week she turned two. She was completely dry days in about a month, and nights before she was 3.

For DS--time and praise. He really struggled. We would do underpants for awhile in the mornings, but he had a ton of medical appointments and therapy 4 afternoons a week. It made PLing hard. He still at 4 has accidents several times a week, and is rarely dry nights. He was 3.5 before he stopped wearing pull-ups to preschool (had a 30 minute bus ride each way).

For DD2--she is 2.25, and has yet to pee in the potty. We sit daily. She just doesn't grasp the concept. She will sit for 30 minutes on the potty, then get up and pee on the floor.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:03 PM   #26
arichert
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

^

Oh man DD2 is totally my son! lol (sits on the potty for awhile then pees on the floor right away after getting off)
I like the idea of a potty timer; we use a timer for different transitions so that may work for my babe.
My sis is an ABA for kids with autism and mentioned the weekend "potty party" worked well for some of her kids.
Lots of great ideas, may have check out Oh Crap!
arichert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:09 PM   #27
kurvashuous
Registered Users

I'm dreading potty training & haven't a clue of when to start. I work all the time & my mother scolds me for not having my 2 yr old already potty trained so it's nice to see what others are doing or have done.
kurvashuous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #28
AfricanQueen99
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oldest (7) just asked for panties one day and that was the end of diapers (night ones too). She was 2.75.

Middle (3.5) did OCPT at 2.5. Total success story.

I might try youngest (1.5) on OCPT before age 2!
AfricanQueen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #29
AfricanQueen99
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oldest (7) just asked for panties one day and that was the end of diapers (night ones too). She was 2.75.

Middle (3.5) did OCPT at 2.5. Total success story.

I might try youngest (1.5) on OCPT before age 2!
Old 06-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #30
AfricanQueen99
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurvashuous View Post
my mother scolds me for not having my 2 yr old already potty trained so it's nice to see what others are doing or have done.
That stinks! Just remember, a lot of people in our generation had SAHMs so they spent their time doing PTing and not online. Don't feel bad - I know kids MUCH older than two still in dipes!