Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2013, 10:03 PM   #1
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I can't stop the Fenugreek or my supply drops.

It is so annoying. My 6th baby is 4 months old. I've had issues with my supply with several of my kids. I wasn't really having them this time around. But, I started the Fenugreek almost right away just to be sure I wouldn't have any issues. Well, now I can't stop. If I start to forget and let myself get inconsistent with taking it, my supply drops sharply. When I start back up, I have more than enough. I take a lot, 6 pills 3x's a day. This is what it takes for me to smell like maple syrup. So, it is expensive going through so much. I don't understand why I can't stop.

Anyone else dependent on Fenugreek constantly?

Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #2
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: I can't stop the Fenugreek or my supply drops.

I was on it for 9 months and finally was able to get off it. I probably could use to go back on it, but the baby seems fine. It was costly and I only took 6 pills per day.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #3
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

9 months! That stinks. But, you know, I'd rather take tons of fengreek everyday than give up. I get it at Wal-Mart. So, it's not too bad. I may try slowly weaning down at some point.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #4
Huxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been on it for months, actually a whole cocktail of pills. I had a breast reduction though. I notice a difference wheni tried to wean off.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #5
Alaura5
Registered Users
seller

Have you tried weaning very slowly? When I went off the domperidone, I dropped one pill per week. It took forever, but because I went slowly, my supply didn't take a noticeable hit.
Alaura5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #6
austinandashlynsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I can take it foe a few weeks as a boost and then stop with no problem but thought I'd suggest ordering from Puritans pride website. I get mine from there and save a ton over gnc.
austinandashlynsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #7
1healthylady
Registered Users

I am. I was only taking one pill per day since birth and when I ran out a couple weeks ago my supply took a dip. I was just sick and worried about my supply so I picked up some more. I'm taking 2 twice a day and have a huge increase in just a couple days! Woke up with sore boobs because I was so full. I'll be sure to not run out again. A $10 bottle of 100 pills is a lot cheaper than formula, and better for DD.

From the phone.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #8
Junglebugg225
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am on it constantly, from the day I left the hospital- I was told to take 2 pills 3x a day for therapeutic results... If I'm still not making enough I was just blaming it on my pcos (bf'ing with dd#1 was a nightmare!) can I increase my intake??? I noticed the maple syrup with #1 but not this time around!!!
Junglebugg225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #9
Junglebugg225
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wow- that only partially made sense- sorry!! If I'm not making enough, since I'm just blaming the pcos, can I take more? Yes, that's what I meant to say!!
Junglebugg225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #10
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junglebugg225 View Post
I am on it constantly, from the day I left the hospital- I was told to take 2 pills 3x a day for therapeutic results... If I'm still not making enough I was just blaming it on my pcos (bf'ing with dd#1 was a nightmare!) can I increase my intake??? I noticed the maple syrup with #1 but not this time around!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junglebugg225 View Post
Wow- that only partially made sense- sorry!! If I'm not making enough, since I'm just blaming the pcos, can I take more? Yes, that's what I meant to say!!
I have PCOS too. I was told to and take Metformin to breastfeed. It helps. I also am on reglan. You can definately take more fenugreek. I am worried about my supply again so will be taking 3 pills 3 times per day as soon as I get some (snow storm today).
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote