Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #1
aumismommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Greenhouse

Questions for you all about greenhouses! So many options!

Do you have one?
Do you see "results" from it?
What zone are you in?
Was it worth the investment?

Advertisement

ISO: Ring Sling WC, Soft Star Shoes (brand) shoes size 8/9 (toddler) or infant
aumismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by aumismommy
Questions for you all about greenhouses! So many options!

Do you have one?
Do you see "results" from it?
What zone are you in?
Was it worth the investment?
Following!
~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:04 AM   #3
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Greenhouse

I have referenced my greenhouse, so I didn't want to not reply. But, my greenhouse is not a usual greenhouse. We have a greenhouse room off our bedroom, on the upper deck of our garage. It is a glass, triangulated structure, that we can access directly off our bedroom. In the summer, it gets crazy hot in there-- we insulate curtain it, and shut the door from July to August. But, in the winter it is a great place to store deck plants and start our seedlings. Also a nice place to stand and catch some sunshine on cold but sunny days in February.

We are talking about a hoop greenhouse to extend growing season. And, we have windows in the barn that we want to use to make cold frames. Neither project has been done yet... Always something!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:06 PM   #4
Kala
Registered Users

I would love to build our own...but that's just not going to happen right now! So I bought a 6x8 kit from Lowes under the brand Spring Gardener. It had pretty good reviews overall considering it was only $200. I haven't even been able to put it together yet but I'm hoping it lives up to all the good reviews I read. So hopefully I'll have a little more knowledge to pass on after this late winter/spring when I finally get to use it!
Kala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #5
aiyana4969
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am converting an old portable garage (you know the half cirlce canvas ones?) that was left here when the previous owners moved out. The canvas was ripped so we took that off and moved the frame next to the garden. we were given 6mm plastic (not greenhouse grade but it'll do) and I have a raised bed inside it already and plan to put another in in the spring. Dh needs to build a door frame and we're scavanging an old door for it. We'll have it ready to go as soon as the snow melts. I'll be planting hot peppers, egg plant and cherry tomatoes in it. I live in zone 5 and our hot months are not long enough to grow jalpenos, anaheims and other chili peppers that DH likes so the green house will come in handy.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:46 PM   #6
aumismommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Awesome! I've looked at hoop style and DIY style with windows or plastic. I have my eyes on glass style simply because we want to put a rocket mass heater in there to keep stuff growing in the cold. I'm just scared plastic would melt. I'm hoping to use it primarily for starting seedlings in to have a jump on the seasons and to extend my fall crops!

ISO: Ring Sling WC, Soft Star Shoes (brand) shoes size 8/9 (toddler) or infant
aumismommy is offline   Reply With Quote