Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2013, 11:16 PM   #1
Kaylacherie88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I really want...

A few of these!!

http://sewoblivious.blogspot.ca/2012...-from.html?m=1

But... I don't think I can do it :-(. Anyone have something easier or how to advice?

Advertisement

Kaylacherie88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:41 PM   #2
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I really want...

Yikes... that was confusing!
http://cemamanlafee.canalblog.com/ar...18914170.html# Here is the original in French with better pictures.

I think she takes the 2 rectangles and sews them together for the body of the shirt. Then she hems the top and bottom of those.
Then she hems the long piece and uses elastic shiring thread for the short edges. (See how they are gathered when sewn on the front.
She then sews it some how to the seam on the top portion of the shirt.
She then marks the center of the long band and sews the center portion to the back 8" of it.

I would probably switch the order of assembly. I'd sew the top of the front & back rectangles and the band. I would not shire the edges. (I can't use elastic thread) Attach the band to the back rectangle. Then attach the band pieces to the front as I did the side seams on the 2 rectangles. Then I would hem the bottom of the shirt.

Something like this really needs stop by step pictures!

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #3
Kaylacherie88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Wow! It seems quite complicated. Much better pictorial but still!! I can hardly sew in steady straight lines, not sure if it would come
Out functional let alone flattering once I got through with it!

Thanks for your help!!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:54 AM   #4
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
If you open the French page in Google Chrome it will ask to translate the page for you.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:29 AM   #5
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I really want...

I think it's cute ...but Um ... how would you wear a bra? I was thinking about it last night after went to bed. I think it is meant to be bra-less. I really think it would only work for a smaller chested person or for at home. I was trying to think how to do it with straps to cover the bra but couldn't come up with a way to make it work in my head.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #6
Kaylacherie88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia
I think it's cute ...but Um ... how would you wear a bra? I was thinking about it last night after went to bed. I think it is meant to be bra-less. I really think it would only work for a smaller chested person or for at home. I was trying to think how to do it with straps to cover the bra but couldn't come up with a way to make it work in my head.
Wow! Good point... It never even occurred to me! It's probably meant to be braless otherwise you could just pull the shirt down and over.. But... I've seen others with the lift up entry, maybe you can still where the bra just un clip it? Perhaps not the most ideal