Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-26-2013, 06:47 AM   #1
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ruffle cuff help

Hi,

I'm working on a pair of longies that I need to make girly. They're a gn colorway. I have done a ribbon / ribbed ruffle, but I am not sure I want to do that for these. I'd love to see pictures of your ruffle cuffs, especially on not typically girly yarn, but any cuffs, really. Thanks!!

Advertisement

Marie - Living my dreams! Mama to a bright and busy big girl, a sweet little toddler girl and expecting a surprise in November! If I'm not with my daughters, then I'm or doing or spending time with the husband or... what else? here on DS!
omahonycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:10 AM   #2
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ruffle cuff help

I'll post some pics in a little while but keep in mind that you can pair a super-girly top with GN bottoms and still come out girly for the whole outfit. I'm on my first girl after five boys so I'm doing a lot of that. I have a pair of mottled green longies that look very springy on my daughter with a pink or yellow top but the same longies look camo on my nephew with a brown top. Then again, I'm not a real girly-girl myself so what do I know? I do have a couple of different styles of ruffled woolies that I'll take pics of for you in a bit.
Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #3
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ruffle cuff help

Haven't had a chance to take pics yet but here's some of my favorites: http://pinterest.com/pin/283656476502393792/
Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks! I've decided to add an a line skirt. The shirt is fairly gn too. I bought the shirt/yarn collab before I knew the gende, put it away and just found it again. And baby girl is almost too big! Oops.
Marie - Living my dreams! Mama to a bright and busy big girl, a sweet little toddler girl and expecting a surprise in November! If I'm not with my daughters, then I'm or doing or spending time with the husband or... what else? here on DS!
omahonycm is offline   Reply With Quote