Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-27-2013, 09:45 PM   #1
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Elimination diet help

I have quite a few health problems (epilepsy, bipolar, and the list goes on) and am having consistent stomach issues plus more and more menstrual pain. I would like to try an elimination diet to see if I can target the foods that I cannot tolerate and just get them out of my diet once and for all. The problem is I already know I can't eat meat (sick as a dog when I have beef and can only handle a little turkey or chicken). I can eat fish but only occasionally plus I don't want to blow our budget too badly. Is is possible to go gluten, dairy, egg and soy free while still being essentially veggie?

Dh says he will be joining me on the diet if for no other reason than to try to clean out his system and if we can figure enough reasonable meals out I think the kids will also be on the plan (they are both SN and though we have done the elimination diets before I would like a full 3 weeks with no questionable foods). We do tend to use cheese and the boys eat yogurt but we don't drink milk (we use butter a good bit though).

I basically need meal ideas for a family of four with two kids who are moderately picky, plus lunch ideas for boys who are used to having yogurt every day for lunch (I cannot afford coconut yogurt for 3 weeks). 2 days a week we need super fast meals that can either be done in the crock pot or made quickly when we get home because we walk in the door, eat and dh turns around and leaves again (TKD nights, we train together then dh returns to the school to train some more). I also need breakfast ideas for myself. The boys will be happy with gluten free rice cereals but I'm not a huge cereal fan. I usually have home made muffins (been on a baking kick), granola, or eggs for breakfast. Any help anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:32 AM   #2
NotLad
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Elimination diet help

It sounds like a raw vegan diet may be good for you. http://www.thebestofrawfood.com/
NotLad is offline   Reply With Quote