Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-28-2013, 08:21 AM   #1
Annedee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
CranioSacral Therapy

I am wondering if anyone knows anything about CranioSacral therapy? I suspect that there is a misalignment of some kind in my child's neck area and I am looking into having a LMT look at her. When she was born, she cried for a long time and we suspected she had a headache. She couldn't lift her head to nurse when we were doing kangaroo care. She cries when she yawns, and she cries when I nurse her in the laid back position and takes as little as possible to get by (I usually nurse her in the side lying position, but I can't just lay down to nurse her when we are out and about, lol). She also seems to have trouble with stiffness in her left arm when she scoots along on the floor and she doesn't like lying on her left side when we nurse (she has a little more difficulty latching on). I have had several people in my community suggest that there could be a need for this type of an adjustment. I had a very fast labor with no interventions. What do you think?

Advertisement

Annedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
7mom7
Registered Users

Re: CranioSacral Therapy

We used it for DS2. He had torticollis and it ended up leaving one side of his head pretty flat because he was always tilted towards that side. I was really trying to avoid further damage and a helmet so we had a month or two of pretty intensive treatments at the recommendation of our pediatrician and chiro. We went 4-5 times a week but it worked. The earlier the better. We were told that it was very difficult to correct beyond 6 months but very simple to correct early on.

I'm pretty short and DS was a big baby. I think he was crammed in there in an odd way which led to torticollis. My delivery was pretty much textbook so I don't think that was the issue.

Last edited by 7mom7; 02-28-2013 at 02:11 PM.
7mom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
Annedee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mom7 View Post
We used it for DS2. He had torticollis and it ended up leaving one side of his head pretty flat because he was always tilted towards that side. I was really trying to avoid further damage and a helmet so we had a month or two of pretty intensive treatments at the recommendation of our pediatrician and chiro. We went 4-5 times a week but it worked. The earlier the better. We were told that it was very difficult to correct beyond 6 months but very simple to correct early on.

I'm pretty short and DS was a big baby. I think he was crammed in their in an odd way which led to torticollis. My delivery was pretty much textbook so I don't think that was the issue.
Wow, that's interesting. My DD was crammed down inside me for some odd reason. She turned head down at 27 weeks and was so low that she started putting pressure on my cervix (her heartbeat could be found right next to my hip bone. We thought she was going to come very early because my cervix was 100% effaced at 34 weeks. Luckily I didn't dilate much, though, so I held out until nearly 39 weeks. I was in a lot of pain, though, since she was so low, and I couldn't walk much once I was at about 37 weeks (needed a wheel chair to get to the restroom at the dr office). I have some muscle scarring in my groin muscles, too. I was thinking that that had something to do with it, but I wasn't sure.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #4
7mom7
Registered Users

I wanted to clarify that we only saw a chiro, not a massage therapist.
7mom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:54 PM   #5
Mommy/4boys
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy/3boys
seller

My Mood:
I would make sure you find someone specially trained in it because it is very diffcult to do. My massage school is one of the few that offer it as part of the basic course but I do not feel comfortable at all in actually practicing it. Good luck and it can do amazing things when done correctly
Old 02-28-2013, 04:28 PM   #6
Annedee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy/4boys View Post
I would make sure you find someone specially trained in it because it is very diffcult to do. My massage school is one of the few that offer it as part of the basic course but I do not feel comfortable at all in actually practicing it. Good luck and it can do amazing things when done correctly
Thanks for the tip! I'm hoping that this will be simple and easy and give us some amazing results! There is a LMT in my community that a few moms have highly recommended. Their exact words were "he is amazing"