Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:
Magna-Tiles! Anyone Have the 48-Piece "Deluxe" Set?

So we currently have the 100-piece set and the 32-piece set. We absolutely love them and even with 132 pieces we still run out of pieces when the kids are playing. So we are going to get another set. I was considering getting this 48-piece deluxe set which includes some unusually-shaped pieces not included in the other sets. Does anyone have this set? Do you like it? The special pieces look neat, but my only concern is that the magnets on the Magna-Tiles aren't quite strong enough to build a car, or open and close a doorway, or any of the other things you would do with the special pieces. If you have this set, is it worth it, or should I just buy another 32 or 100-piece set instead?

Advertisement

Last edited by Janine; 02-28-2013 at 09:25 AM.
Janine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:46 AM   #2
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Magna-Tiles! Anyone Have the 48-Piece "Deluxe" Set?

No...but these are definately on my kids xmas list next year. Our dentist office has then on a light box and they are so great!
Old 02-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #3
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Can you link to the deluxe set? Sorry I don't have it though. I want Magna Tiles for my kids, but have not seen that. So...obviously, your kids love them. I have 5 boys. (one is only 4 months. ) I was thinking of starting with the 100 piece set. Maybe I'll be buying another set very shortly after. I wish I could see a set in action. I've never experienced them, which is probably my hesitation in going ahead and buying them. I wanted to get them for Christmas for our kids, but hesitated and didn't.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:34 AM   #4
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post
Can you link to the deluxe set? Sorry I don't have it though. I want Magna Tiles for my kids, but have not seen that. So...obviously, your kids love them. I have 5 boys. (one is only 4 months. ) I was thinking of starting with the 100 piece set. Maybe I'll be buying another set very shortly after. I wish I could see a set in action. I've never experienced them, which is probably my hesitation in going ahead and buying them. I wanted to get them for Christmas for our kids, but hesitated and didn't.
Here is the 48-piece set: http://www.magnatiles.com/products/M...ce_Deluxe_Set/

There are a bunch of videos on YouTube of kids using them if you want to see them in action. If you decide to get them, definitely start with the 100-piece set. We only have the two kids at home, and even 132 pieces is not enough for us!
Old 02-28-2013, 11:05 AM   #5
7mom7
Registered Users

They look fun but man, they're expensive!
7mom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #6
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janine View Post
Here is the 48-piece set: http://www.magnatiles.com/products/M...ce_Deluxe_Set/

There are a bunch of videos on YouTube of kids using them if you want to see them in action. If you decide to get them, definitely start with the 100-piece set. We only have the two kids at home, and even 132 pieces is not enough for us!
Thanks! I never occured to me to see if they had their own site. cool!! I would get that set. Thanks for the heads up on the youtube videos. I'll look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mom7 View Post
They look fun but man, they're expensive!
This is why I'm struggling to buy them without ever seeing them. But they get amazing reviews everywhere. I've never seen a bad review. I know my kids would LOVE them.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #7
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:
I was very hesitant to get them too. I splurged on the 100-piece set and felt terribly guilty about it until the kids opened it and started playing with it. They loved it so much that I bought an additional 32-piece set the next day!
Old 02-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #8
kaia.aline
Registered Users
seller
seller

I nannied a boy that had the deluxe set and he loved the funky shapes we didn't always use them but he liked the option of them.

Ask me how to earn FREE jewelry and other amazing deals from Lia Sophia!
kaia.aline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #9
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia.aline View Post
I nannied a boy that had the deluxe set and he loved the funky shapes we didn't always use them but he liked the option of them.
Thanks!
Old 02-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #10
cbreeding
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janine View Post
I was very hesitant to get them too. I splurged on the 100-piece set and felt terribly guilty about it until the kids opened it and started playing with it. They loved it so much that I bought an additional 32-piece set the next day!
We got the 100-piece set for Christmas (luckily I had a 30% coupon for a non-sale item at our local Learning Store) and the kids (16mths-5yrs) play with them every day-literally every single day since Christmas. I want more but can't swing it right now. If I do get more I think I might go with the solid colors as I got the translucent ones.
cbreeding is offline   Reply With Quote