Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #11
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
He sounds like a sweet kid. I agree, tell him to invite her over for pizza night! Great that he was comfortable talking to you.

Advertisement

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #12
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

Awwww...his attitude is so sweet though. Gotta say it sounds like you're doing an awesome job with him, even if you're not quite ready for this step quite yet.
kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:39 PM   #13
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: OMG my 14yr old has a girlfriend!

Aww my just turned 14 dd has a boyfriend, we have been friends with the family since the kids were around 10.... it was so funny when the kids realized that each other were "girl and boy" ...they don't go anywhere without adults or anything, but they are great kids, and have a healthy competition with school and sports and 4h.

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #14
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Awww... I teach middle school. 14 is a pretty normal time to have a girl friend. Most of the 6th graders have hooked up at one point or another. Good for him for asking. It probably won't last more than 48 hours though...
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:01 PM   #15
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Kaun View Post
awwwww Now lock him up! I'll go grab something to board the door with, lol. I wish we could keep them young forever. I hope my boys will tell me when they have girlfriends but we will see. He sounds like a super sweet kid.
I've got the nails and the hammer!!

Is it strange that I feel sad, like it is the end of his childhood?? He's my one and only, so I feel like I try too hard sometimes to keep him little, and I don't want to hold him back, but at the same time it makes me a little sad. He just turned 14 in January also, so in my mind he is still a baby, even though I know that in reality he isn't.

Thanks ladies, I really appreciate it! I don't think I can take much credit for him...he is just an awesome kid. I have NO clue how he turned out that way. Haha! He is so polite, kind, good hearted, and FUNNY. I don't know what I did to deserve such a great kid.

Thanks to your suggestions, I told him that if they were still "going out" next week, he can invite her over for pizza next weekend.

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.

Last edited by somo_chickenlady; 02-28-2013 at 09:07 PM.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:25 PM   #16
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think that's very sweet, though I'm so not ready for that stage...thank goodness I have quite a few years still.

My 14 yo niece (according to her Facebook page) has a different boyfriend and/or crush every other day. It's literally *all* she posts about...be glad you aren't dealing with that!
Old 03-01-2013, 02:23 AM   #17
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

In hindsight, asking him what she looked like might not have been the best question... Even if it was an innocent question on your part, there is so much pressure at that age to be sexy and date people who are sexy. He probably thought you wanted to hear that she's the most beautiful girl in school. And if he finds beauty in her laugh or the smell of her hair, then that's good enough for him.

I try to warn all parents I know to have open communication about sex from a young age. I lost my virginity at 14. To a 15 year old. Young love and we were together for two years. After that, I took some time to myself, then started dating my husband when I was 17. Teen sex doesn't equal promiscuity, but poor parental communication can.

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:42 AM   #18
PBAki
Registered Users

My Mood:
What a stud

But if DD1 was his age I would probably be freaking out...
Old 03-01-2013, 06:19 AM   #19
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

He sounds like such a sweet kid!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:41 AM   #20
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarawithouth View Post
In hindsight, asking him what she looked like might not have been the best question... Even if it was an innocent question on your part, there is so much pressure at that age to be sexy and date people who are sexy. He probably thought you wanted to hear that she's the most beautiful girl in school. And if he finds beauty in her laugh or the smell of her hair, then that's good enough for him.

I try to warn all parents I know to have open communication about sex from a young age. I lost my virginity at 14. To a 15 year old. Young love and we were together for two years. After that, I took some time to myself, then started dating my husband when I was 17. Teen sex doesn't equal promiscuity, but poor parental communication can.
We have always taught him that it is what inside that counts, that what is on the outside doesn't make the person. This is just his first girlfriend and he was embarrassed that we were asking him. After he told us that, we simply asked "Well, is she nice??" We don't care what she looks like, and he knows that, we were just asking like what color hair she has and stuff.

He is fully versed on sex ed, has been since he was 3, and we have very open communication in our family.

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote