Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #21
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: OMG my 14yr old has a girlfriend!

My oldest is only six and still thinks girls are icky. I am hoping it stays this way for awhile...

My five year old daughter on the other hand.

Advertisement

whitneywalters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #22
PBAki
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by somo_chickenlady View Post
"Well, she isn't exactly super skinny...not really super skinny...but not obese...she is just naturally a bigger girl..." My heart broke that he felt that he needed to defend her like that. He said she is REALLY nice, with long wavy brown hair. They sit at the same lunch table, and a week ago they started sitting next to each other.
I'm sure he meant curvy...nothing wrong with curvy. He's a gentleman and has good taste too
Old 03-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #23
tommymommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarawithouth View Post

I try to warn all parents I know to have open communication about sex from a young age. I lost my virginity at 14. To a 15 year old. Young love and we were together for two years. After that, I took some time to myself, then started dating my husband when I was 17. Teen sex doesn't equal promiscuity, but poor parental communication can.
I appreciate your experience. Its hearing stories like yours, where the kids have sex at 14 (14!) that will push me to have open communication with my DS. I just want him to know I'm on his side.

Last edited by tommymommy; 03-01-2013 at 10:30 AM.
tommymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #24
Angel89411
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitneywalters
My oldest is only six and still thinks girls are icky. I am hoping it stays this way for awhile...

My five year old daughter on the other hand.
Oh my. At 5 I was glaring daggers at a woman for stealing my boyfriend. Then she took me for ice cream and I found a new guy. He was not as thrilled as I was to discover our new relationship. But he humored me like a champ.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:29 AM   #25
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBAki View Post
I'm sure he meant curvy...nothing wrong with curvy. He's a gentleman and has good taste too
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymommy View Post
I appreciate your experience. Its hearing stories like yours, where the kids have sex at 14 (14!) that will push me to have open communication with my DS. I just want him to know I'm on his side.
Yeah, my DH had sex at 14...not really something I want for DS, I'd rather he wait, but we just made sure to talk to him early and often about sex. He is also currently seeing my SIL's niece, who lives with them, deal with having a baby just after she turned 15. We have told him, though, that if he wants to hang out with his girlfriend that is fine, but ONLY when parents are home.

Also, he has watched 16 and Pregnant and Teen Mom with me, and is seeing the baby daddy drama that goes on with my SIL's niece, and I told him that if he does get someone pregnant (I know people make mistakes...DS was an oops) that he better not act like the fathers on there or I will have to kick his *ss and he knows I am serious. He wants to go to college to be an architect, so I am hoping that won't be an issue. We will be providing him with condoms, though.

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:37 PM   #26
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by somo_chickenlady

We have always taught him that it is what inside that counts, that what is on the outside doesn't make the person. This is just his first girlfriend and he was embarrassed that we were asking him. After he told us that, we simply asked "Well, is she nice??" We don't care what she looks like, and he knows that, we were just asking like what color hair she has and stuff.

He is fully versed on sex ed, has been since he was 3, and we have very open communication in our family.
it sounds like you've put a good head on his shoulder!! And I think it's a great idea to have her over for dinner.

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:04 PM   #27
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

He sounds like a super sweet young man!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote