Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #1
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I was wrong

the cycle for a Christmastime baby started today, not March. AF surprised me by showing up at 6:40 this morning, with a nice (sarcastic) heavy flow after a 24 day cycle! I wasn't prepared at all.

So.....CD1.

No plans to start TTC. I'll be completely honest, I am not liking all of those "Too exhausted (or sick) to do anything!" posts I'm reading in the newer DDCs. I prayed yesterday, after reading some posts, that if it was God's will for us to conceive, that the pregnancy be easy on me. I have five other kids to care for at home and they need me to be healthy as much as the baby I would be carrying would need me to be healthy, able to eat, etc. I have to trust that God knows what he is doing and can provide me with what I would need, and our family would need. Nothing is as infallible as He is. I'm kind of at that point of "what will be, will be".

We'll see!

I have no idea when I ovulated last cycle. It seems on the shorter cycles, looking back, I did not notice EWCM as much or as often as I do on the longer cycles. I'm thinking about going ask in TTC if anovulatory bleeding can be heavy like this, we'll see how long it lasts and what the rest of my flow is like.

My cycle lengths have been:
24 days (Feb)
28 days (Feb)-yes two CD1s in one month, yay me!
24 days (Jan)
29 days (Dec)
27 days (Nov)

I bought IC OPKs from ClinicalGuard on Amazon. If I have a 16/15 day LP like I thought I did that would mean I Oed on like CD8 this past cycle.. That makes sense that I missed it, wasn't paying attention that early, but I'm not 100% convinced I Oed. I know I oed on CD10 with B but I probably should figure out what is up and try to pinpoint ovulation, just on the off chance something funky is going on. Plus, with TTA it's probably a very good idea for me to know when I ovulate since there have been a couple times he has initiated sex w/o protection.

Advertisement

Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #2
Havah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I was wrong

Old 03-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
newbiemama
Registered Users
Formerly: justanauntie

My Mood:
Re: I was wrong

do you watch your temps, too? that's one of the best indicators of ovulation. your cycle lengths seem to stay in about the same range, so that's good. O-kits are obviously helpful, too, but if you're keeping an eye on mucous and temps you should have tracking.

"She is clothed with strength and dignity...
She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue...
Charm is deceptive, and beauty if fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."
newbiemama is offline   Reply With Quote