Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-14-2013, 04:40 PM   #1
joyjoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
sources for cheap potting soil

if i'm looking for say, budget potting soil, where should i go? do y'all have any favorite brands or places you get it?

Advertisement

joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #2
GreenHome Sewing
Registered Users
Formerly: Jonah Baby
seller
seller

My Mood:
I actually found bags of potting soil at a chain dollar store (Dollar Tree?) Recently! Not sure I would grow edibles in it, but was a great buy for my houseplants at that price.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:11 PM   #3
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
If you have a place that sells rocks call the,. Here I get a half ton of garden soil for 20 bucks!! We were seniored in but it was still way more affordable then buying the bass
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #4
Anna0623
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: sources for cheap potting soil

walmart has potting soil $1.24 for 40lbs, we got 1/2 of that and then purchased their organic hummus, and horse manure for $1.50 for 40lb bag. were just starting a small garden in our backyard. But did replant some of the small tomato and strawberry plants we purchased at the farmers market almost two weeks ago in the soil and almost all the plants have doubled in size already.
Anna0623 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
joyjoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: sources for cheap potting soil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna0623 View Post
walmart has potting soil $1.24 for 40lbs, we got 1/2 of that and then purchased their organic hummus, and horse manure for $1.50 for 40lb bag. were just starting a small garden in our backyard. But did replant some of the small tomato and strawberry plants we purchased at the farmers market almost two weeks ago in the soil and almost all the plants have doubled in size already.
wow! $1.24? that's fantastic. i'll be sending DH this weekend, then. thank you for the idea.
joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote