Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2013, 04:00 AM   #1
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Basically it's Friday!

We are a group of parents that chat and support each other.
We have been at this for a while so some of us are out of the diapering stage.
...some were out and are back in again.
Every once in a while we actually get to answer a diaper question or two in here.
If you are looking for a very diverse and open group come on over and chat.

Advertisement

Old 03-01-2013, 04:01 AM   #2
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Friday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirlsmama View Post
Well, you will be excited to know that I got suckered into doing a 31 party in March

No we didn't close. Even worse the bank has decided that they need to come and do a new appraisal and dh is worried that it will not be valued at what we need it to. Thus we will be unable to sell it, and we can't rent it while it is on the lot. :Gah:
Sorry Jess...I hope it's sorted out quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
We are home. It took 2 hours poor guy. It was two pretty big cavities in two adjacent teeth.

We have had green eggs (lots OS spinach) and ham and pancake.

Now time for PR.
Sorry Jerry.

I hope he's feeling better soon Jen.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:04 AM   #3
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Time for work...I have to take the car today because the insurance on the scooter needs renewing. It's the same for all scooters throughout Germany today.

As of today all scooter number plates are green

The colour changes every year...I guess it's easier for police to see if someone is insured or not. The number plate is your insurance.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:49 AM   #4
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

good morning. Jerry has been up, said his mouth is a bit sore but feels better too.

Have to stop at the store on the way to school to get popcycles for the winning door in the Dr. Seuss door decorating contest.

Should be a pretty normal work day.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:37 AM   #5
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hola mamacitas. Kids are ready early again. I don't know what to do with that.

Sorry about the house Jess. Hopefully it will appraise ok. We just found out last night our appraisal went through and we get to drop the PMI fees. That saves us like $100 a month. Which will likely all go to the new roof, LOL.

Ugh about Jerry's teeth. But at least they are fixed.

Ugh about ugly plates Janine. But I guess you really don't have to look at it when you are driving, right?

I think I may try oatmeal waffles today. I have a recipe somewhere for it I have wanted to try. But mostly I need to get Mount Washmore down that built up while Ian was in the hossy and my parents were here. Well that and do the meal plan for March. Ugh. Which I only have italian sausage, one pork loin, and two whole chickens for right now. All meat is expensive and not much of it is any good. Boo.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:38 AM   #6
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hola mamacitas. Kids are ready early again. I don't know what to do with that.

Sorry about the house Jess. Hopefully it will appraise ok. We just found out last night our appraisal went through and we get to drop the PMI fees. That saves us like $100 a month. Which will likely all go to the new roof, LOL.

Ugh about Jerry's teeth. But at least they are fixed.

Ugh about ugly plates Janine. But I guess you really don't have to look at it when you are driving, right?

I think I may try oatmeal waffles today. I have a recipe somewhere for it I have wanted to try. But mostly I need to get Mount Washmore down that built up while Ian was in the hossy and my parents were here. Well that and do the meal plan for March. Ugh. Which I only have italian sausage, one pork loin, and two whole chickens for right now. All meat is expensive and not much of it is any good. Boo.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:22 AM   #7
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Cheryl, these are good. I mixed up a batch of it a while back. http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2009/...ncake-mix.html
I went grocery shopping (just to grab a few things) in O-ville yesterday after work, them DH decided he needed to get out of the house so I did a quick meal plan and we went to Morris, which is bigger and has a nicer grocery store. Because it has a state university the prices are really wonky though. Produce was way fresher and cheaper ie a head of cauliflower was 2.69 vs. 4.99, any convenience food/junk food was astronomical. I couldn't find a box of cereal for less than $4.50, even generic I could only find generic bacon, and no roast beef deli meat I mostly got produce, I have meat, bread, cheese, milk, etc. The yogurt was $5/tub though for non Greek which is crazy.

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:31 AM   #8
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jess, I swear grocery pricing is a racket now that they have computers to track everything. They analyze their demographics and price accordingly. I had mentioned before when we lived in Texas, I was used to going to supermercados to buy certain things for cheap. But then the one closest to me, which was in walking distance to a number of low income housing places, just *happened* to have astronomical prices on anything you could buy with WIC. The rest of the stuff, normal supermercado prices. Deplorable, I tell you.

What is popular in our new area is these little high end markets, IDK if saying their names rings bells for anybody but Plum Market, Market Square, etc. I went to one last week, because I was already in the strip mall for something else, and I wound up buying stuff because their "sale" prices were the same as regular at Kroger/Meijers. But most of the stuff I wouldn't pay the premium for except for a special occasion.

I finally got on the greek yogurt train. So is the small tubs for a $1 the going sale price? I bought a 17.5 oz tub for $4, but I think it makes more sense for me to buy the small ones, at least until the kids start eating it too.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #9
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't have any WW flour in the house right now Jess, but I am going to try that recipe in the future fo sho. I need to get some. The recipe I have is this:

5 cups oats
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
2 3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup honey
2 mashed bananas
2 cups unsweetened applesauce
4 tb oil

Which I think I only have enough ingredients on hand to make a half recipe. Ugh. I really want to try it though, I've never made a pancake/waffle without any flour before.

I really need to go to the store. I don't wanna tho. When I walked the girls to the bus stop, I walked on top of five inches of snow frozen solid, didn't even leave footprints. That is what it is like here. Boo. The good news is though while it is freezing, the roof doesn't leak.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:41 AM   #10
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Buy the small tubs of Chobani at Costco, you get them for a little less than $1 each and I think 4 flavors. They also sell Chobani gogurts now too for pretty much the same price. They are NEVER on sale for $1 here. I only get it when I am in Costco/Sams. If you ever see Noosa try it out, strawberry rhubarb is my favorite, they are a bit more expensive. I like ***e too but that is impossible to find here.

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote