Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2013, 07:28 AM   #1
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

The no spend year: March

Anyone still hanging in there? I am, just not posting much. February was kinda rough. We had a few oopsies.

Two of the boys got Monster Jam tickets for their birthday from Grandma. Parking was $20 and then a stop off at McDonald's for a snack, despite the bucket loads of food I packed...boys.

Then I got the MAJOR stomach flu and dh ended up blowing gas station prices for pepto and gatorade.

Then I THOUGHT I had a coupon for 100 free tokens and Chuckie Cheese for the kids birthday. We are SO stir crazy that I thought I would splurge the $10 for a pizza. We have the free refill kids cups. I thought I had it all figured out....yah the coupons was for 100 tickets, not tokens. I spent $25 when it was all said and done...and I hate Chuckie Cheese. So not worth it.

Then on the way home I was so bummed, I decided to just blow more for dinner at Chick Fil A for me and dh. Never eaten there before. I figured we pretty much blew February, so I would start fresh today. Again, really not worth it.

I really think both the kids and I appreciate things so much more when they are few and far between. With all that said, I guess I am still able to put $500 towards debt. Not a huge fail, but all of the side job cash got spent and we could have done at least $150 better then we did.

Advertisement

Old 03-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #2
ctj101502
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: The no spend year: March

I am here, only been checking 1 or 2x a week. Limiting my online time to 30 min during day and 30 when kids are in bed and dh is out of town. What did you think of cfa?

Still doing well here, I ordered some workout videos then sent them back, but that was with my allowance. Dh and I decided to have an allowance of 20 each every month. We have never had our own money so this is exciting. We really need groceries, but I paid most our paycheck toward extra on mortgage, so I am price matching at Wal-Mart today w. Only 10$. It will be an interesting week for food around here. Next time I need to pay attention when paying bills. Dh has been handling more of where and what is spent, I am in charge of making it go there. Just didn't pay attention that this wasn't pay week and we decided every extra dollar goes to mortgage from now on. As you can tell we had a 10$ buffer in the account lol!

It is wedding season, 3 kids are in 1 wedding, 1 is in another and we have 2 more I know we are going to this summer, so now I am searching pinetrest for diy things. That should help the budget, hopefully. I am picking things I would want, which are cheaper than buying big not cheap. Their attire mil is making for me, I just pay material costs, which helps tons.
Can't forget my 6 lil blessings!!!

Last edited by ctj101502; 03-01-2013 at 09:25 AM.
ctj101502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #3
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for starting this. We totally fell off the wagon in Feb, but I'm back in this month. Baby due soon and we need to be saving!!
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
happyhats
Registered Users
seller

Wth! Febuary was crappy for us as well! And we just got a crazy high electric bill. Eek. We need to do grocery shopping this week, which will already be dipping into savings. Did I mention that Febuary sucked?
happyhats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:20 PM   #5
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry Feb was a bad month for most of you.
I did very good! I spent less than $300 on groceries and household. (That includes a $25 purchase I made at Yaysave that gave back about $21 in swagbucks.) I spent $15 on clothes for DD (Clearance 10 footie PJ's for next winter, a dress,t-shirt) and I think I spent $5 at a thrift store at the beginning of Feb.
I didn't buy anything online!
I cashed out $50 in Paypal and $25 in Amazon for me. $25 in paypal /$25 in Amazon for DH. (Swagbucks)
DH went to his job interview. They paid for everything. He had a delay with a flight back and ended up stuck overnight in Denver. I called and the airline gave him a hotel voucher and meal voucher. He managed to find a landlady there and found a house to rent if he gets the job. We are waiting to see what the offer letter says. I drove him back and forth to the airport and didn't even stop either time while in the "big town" to go shopping. (It's so tempting... but I know we *might* be moving and it doesn't make sense to buy stuff right now. The real temptation is the craft stores... But I didn't stop!)
My computer died on Feb 15th. DH paid to fix it. He was going to send me to a salon for a massage, facial, get hair done but I couldn't see spending that kind of money on that. And then my laptop died. So that was my valentine's present... a new hard drive.

I was sewing this month... I made 6 dresses for DD this summer, 1 skirt/shirt/pantaloon combo, 6 more trainers, 3 pj pants for DS, 1 pj pant for DH, and a spots bra for me. I also made a wool wet bag and some momma cloth I'm going to give away. I'm working on some upcycling of wool so DD will have something warm to wear if we move.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia

Last edited by Rdesonia; 03-01-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Rdesonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #6
WyattsMommy09
Registered Users
seller

I'm in. I move in 22 days, so we have to be semi-tight with the budget. While still spending $$ on Disney in 2 weeks. LOL.

1: $27.09 on dinner. It was my reward for completing 1 month of Insanity! and my birthday dinner (its tomorrow)
2: I refuse to even type it out. We're going to SeaWorld and *trying* to stay under the $90 fun money we pulled out, but that may not happen. So yah. This day doesn't count
3: $0, except some extra cash.
4: $0. I'm calling it early. We don't need anything anyway.
5: 7.xx Dh bought McDs
6: $34.xx at grocery, then $16.16 at Taco Bell. I forgot to buy the beef needed for meatballs so i had to pay $7.99/lb and then i ran out of fruit for my smoothies. I need to re-adjust my lists now that I'm eating more. Then DS talked DH into grabbing taco bell. *sigh*
7: $0
8:$ 21.37 on DH bday present, $40 at BWW, $10 at Target for something, $3.66 at Cinnabon... DH birthday splurges on them all lol
9:$0
10: $18.97 at Target, needed more water and had to grab lunch there. My workout was 1.5 hours long, so by the time I was done the kids were starving and I just didnt have the energy to cook.

Last edited by WyattsMommy09; 03-11-2013 at 06:51 PM.
WyattsMommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:59 PM   #7
clothlover8
Registered Users

My Mood:

I did bad in January, bit better through the middle of Feb, been doing really well the last few weeks, although I have been forgetting to track my daily expenses.

I'll join in for March, see how I do!
Old 03-02-2013, 12:05 AM   #8
lisa0842
Registered Users
seller

I'm new here. How does this work because I was really need to start saving money.
lisa0842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #9
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa0842 View Post
I'm new here. How does this work because I was really need to start saving money.
We all just gripe/vent about the $ we spend and try not to spend $. I don't think there are any set rules. The accountability thread has more rules and the Dave Ramsey thread is helpful for getting out of debt.

I'm only buying/spending IF I sell something or earn the money through swagbucks. I'm not using my normally budgeted $ for kids clothes/ personal spending. I'm putting that into savings.
I'm trying to also reduce my grocery,personal hygiene, and household (lightbulbs, papertowels,pinesol,laundry soap) costs.

I think we all have different reasons for doing it and different definitions of "no spend".

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #10
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm in starting now

Last month, we did okay in every category except food. I am ashamed of how much we spent on groceries and eating out.

1st: $0
2nd: Panera $16.64 (date night, much needed)
3rd: $0
4th: $0
5th: $22.27 for ODD's 3rd birthday dinner, $7.49 for her birthday cake, $18.95 for her birthday present.
6th: $59.50 groceries for a week, not bad all in all
7th: $0
8th: $0
9th: $17 ish at Panera for breakfast
10th: returned $25 worth of clothes, but then bought the girls birthday dresses for $25. haha So I broke even
11th: $0
12th: $150 and it's not even noon yet (bought a new wrap. )
13th: $59.50 for groceries

The 16th is the girl's birthday party so I expect to have to spend some money on Friday.

Last edited by ajbailey89; 03-13-2013 at 09:39 PM.
ajbailey89 is offline   Reply With Quote