Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2013, 10:18 PM   #11
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: The no spend year: March

We spent $105.09 on groceries today. I sent DH to the store. I know... I know... I said He was not going to grocery shopping ever again. But I have a earache and DD was asleep in my lap. It was just easier. He didn't buy anything crazy. He just over stocked us on some items. He did really good & did follow my list. (He bought mushrooms, some snack crackers *with a coupon!*, 3 bags of tortilla chips, and bleach... those were not on the list.) I was really proud of him!

On a side note: DH had a prepaid visa card mailed to us for the job interview. He used his Discover card instead for points. Discover won't take a Visa to pay off the bill! It's not a big deal but who knew a credit card company wouldn't take a credit card as payment. So he gave me the pre-paid card tonight for groceries so it will get used.

Advertisement

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:25 AM   #12
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa0842 View Post
I'm new here. How does this work because I was really need to start saving money.
A few of us have adopted the quote "Use it up, wear it out, make do, or do without."
Old 03-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #13
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would like to join for March! I need a no-spend month to get myself back on track. Here are my personal "ground rules":
1. "No-spend" refers to money coming out of our bank accounts or using credit cards. (This means that I am free to use gift cards, my personal Pay-Pal money, and cash that I get from selling things.)
2. Groceries do not count toward my "no-spend", but I must stay within our budgeted amount and only go to the store every other week. No in-between trips.
3. My daughter's birthday is this month and I really wanted to take the kids to an indoor play-place. That would be $14 for the two of them, more if we invite a few of their friends. Otherwise her presents are all bought and I can make her cake myself, of course. I'm a little torn about this one, so maybe I can sell things on Craigslist to pay for this.

Okay! Let's get started!!
Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #14
lisa0842
Registered Users
seller

Sounds good. The rules don't sound too strict. I don't think I'd be very good with Dave Ramsey. But at least this will make me more accountable. I just started selling stuff on ebay and facebook swap pages. (I almost have enough posts to sell here.) So I am going to just try and spend that money only on purchases for me or the kids. I think I have been doing better at not spending now that I see a balance in paypal. Kind of makes me not want to spend it.
I also did better at grocery shopping this weekend. I spent under $100, which is good for me. Usually I spend about $150. I am also going to try and spend less on fast food/takeout. We spent almost $300 on take out last month. That's crazy. DH and I did go out to dinner on Friday for our anniversary and I ended up getting fast food Saturday. Hopefully, I'll do better this week.
lisa0842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #15
Mysweetseven
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

February was terrible for us.....enough said.

I'm back in for this month.

We are putting our house on the market May 1--so I need desperately not to spend a dime.

We also have DS's graduation in May, , my budget is $500 so if anyone has any great, cheap graduation ideas I would love to hear them.
Mysweetseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #16
WyattsMommy09
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattsMommy09 View Post
I'm in. I move in 22 days, so we have to be semi-tight with the budget. While still spending $$ on Disney in 2 weeks. LOL.

1: $27.09 on dinner. It was my reward for completing 1 month of Insanity! and my birthday dinner (its tomorrow)
2: I refuse to even type it out. We're going to SeaWorld and *trying* to stay under the $90 fun money we pulled out, but that may not happen. So yah. This day doesn't count
3: $0, except some extra cash.
4: $0. I'm calling it early. We don't need anything anyway.
TWO $0 spend days?!? I'm already doing better than last month!
WyattsMommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #17
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I cashed in $25 in Amazon from Swagbucks this week.

I spent $15.60 on postage. (Some was for the lottos I had on here as I paid shipping. I've got a nice little paypal cushion and amazon balance.... I wanted to "pay it forward". I used my paypal for postage. )

An author is coming to DS's school. I have to pay $2 for a book. (not a bad price at all!) I'm going to send $6 in because there are always kids in his class that end up "left out" because their parents don't have the money. We got the notice today and have to pay by Thursday.

My can opener died today. I need to buy a new one. (I think I'll just buy a dollar store one ... I swear they last less than 3 months around here! Kitchen utensils die quickly in my house.)

.... and now back to not spending!

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:31 AM   #18
lisa0842
Registered Users
seller

So I'm not doing very well on the no spending. I didn't spend anything yesterday. But today I bought some trainers for DD, but used my paypal balance. I also sold some diapers today so it kind of balances out, right? I don't plan to spend anything tomorrow.
lisa0842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #19
MSmith88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Can I jump in here?

I haven't been tracking the last 6 days but we have been doing really well! I have only spent money on groceries (budgeted) and supplies for a friend's wedding shower invites. I have to admit that I did buy one thing that I shouldn't have... a hair bow for my DD for her Easter dress. It was $6... I am sure she has one that would have gone just fine. Oh well. So $6 more than expected.

4: $0
5: Husband's weekly bowling $13
Groceries $60 (for 10 days worth)
6: Stamps for invites $25 (this was a known expense but still really stinks)
MSmith88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:55 AM   #20
bananaclip
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdesonia View Post
I cashed in $25 in Amazon from Swagbucks this week.

An author is coming to DS's school. I have to pay $2 for a book. (not a bad price at all!) I'm going to send $6 in because there are always kids in his class that end up "left out" because their parents don't have the money. We got the notice today and have to pay by Thursday.

My can opener died today. I need to buy a new one. (I think I'll just buy a dollar store one ... I swear they last less than 3 months around here! Kitchen utensils die quickly in my house.)

.... and now back to not spending!
That is so nice, to send money for the kids who have none.
bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote