Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #21
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: The no spend year: March

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaclip View Post
That is so nice, to send money for the kids who have none.
I use to be that kid. With 9 siblings... every field trip I sat in the office because we never had money for me to go.
But, I didn't think the school gave enough notice for this especially for paycheck-to-paycheck families that might get paid on Friday. (His school is a 4 day so all kids have off Fridays. That is why it has to be paid by Thursday.)

Advertisement

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:29 PM   #22
ctj101502
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So far I have spent $80 on dh and I for our registration for 5k we are in. Not till June and early bird started last month, I forgot and it costs 12$ more blegh.. still cheaper now than it will be next month.
40$ on our monthly milk, I pay ahead but don't normally count groceries, just trying to recount spent funds. Ackkk, dh spent $65 at Wal-Mart, our filters for . Heater are 17$ every 3 months and . We have 2 heaters, could do cheaper ones, but it's our Air... light bulbs and a cord that was broken to our tv thingy...
My wedding band broke so I will get estimate on finished Thursday. I am buying electric fencing for chickens so I am sure that will cost $$$. Nothing else spent
Can't forget my 6 lil blessings!!!
ctj101502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #23
WyattsMommy09
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattsMommy09 View Post
I'm in. I move in 22 days, so we have to be semi-tight with the budget. While still spending $$ on Disney in 2 weeks. LOL.

1: $27.09 on dinner. It was my reward for completing 1 month of Insanity! and my birthday dinner (its tomorrow)
2: I refuse to even type it out. We're going to SeaWorld and *trying* to stay under the $90 fun money we pulled out, but that may not happen. So yah. This day doesn't count
3: $0, except some extra cash.
4: $0. I'm calling it early. We don't need anything anyway.
5: 7.xx Dh bought McDs
6: $34.xx at grocery, then $16.16 at Taco Bell. I forgot to buy the beef needed for meatballs so i had to pay $7.99/lb and then i ran out of fruit for my smoothies. I need to re-adjust my lists now that I'm eating more. Then DS talked DH into grabbing taco bell. *sigh*
7: $0
Nothing unaccounted for bought today! Not a bad first week. Next week should be pretty darn good as well, considering I'll probably be too sore to move, much less get both kids into the car, LOL
WyattsMommy09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:47 AM   #24
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
No money spent (from my bank accounts/credit cards) since I joined! I went to Target last night and used a Shopkick gift card, a target gift card, and an old amex gift card I had forgotten about. I got some storage tubs to organize the kids clothes we're going to save...and some Cadbury mini eggs. Can't resist those at all!
Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #25
mimi57
Registered Users
seller

I am in 22 days left in the month and I want 19 of those to be no spend days
mimi57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:16 PM   #26
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

We went grocery shopping today. We went to Dollar Tree $8 for 2 can openers & snacks. We went to Walmart & spent $131.90. The big ones were $17.98 for a block of cheese (Froze 2/3 of it), $24 (12 pk of light bulbs), $16.04 for a ham, milk (x3 gallons), fruit, veggies, creamer, eggs,etc. Everything was on the list except Gouda (because DH wanted it) and rice crackers he found for me so I would agree to the gouda. Then 12.38 at another store for an olive tray which was not on the list (but Dh loves his gourmet food so if it makes him happy). We spent $14.73 on gas. (Tank was not really in need of filling up.)

Which leaves a grand total of $22.89 out of $190 on the prepaid visa card DH gave me. I should be good expect probably needing more milk next week as I've weaned DD and she is guzzling milk.

DH didn't get the job btw. I guess he's still going to look as he really doesn't like his job.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #27
ctj101502
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Going to buy about 30 meat birds and more layers tomorrow. After feed and buying them I will probably spend $100 but will have lots of chicken in the freezer come May. We have a stable buyer for more eggs than we can provide so upping the number of layers, should be making come fall. This is my 10yr old sons business, he does everything and supplies profits to pay for upkeep and feed and got us to have eggs, very proud of his hard work.
Can't forget my 6 lil blessings!!!
ctj101502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #28
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctj101502 View Post
Going to buy about 30 meat birds and more layers tomorrow. After feed and buying them I will probably spend $100 but will have lots of chicken in the freezer come May. We have a stable buyer for more eggs than we can provide so upping the number of layers, should be making come fall. This is my 10yr old sons business, he does everything and supplies profits to pay for upkeep and feed and got us to have eggs, very proud of his hard work.
Wow that is great... I can hardly get my 10 year old to clean his room.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #29
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctj101502 View Post
Wow, so you for sure see a good profit after the costs? I always wondered if you would just break even or what. Sounds like a great project for a young boy. I may adopt this for our son as he gets older!
Old 03-11-2013, 03:37 PM   #30
mimi57
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi57 View Post
I am in 22 days left in the month and I want 19 of those to be no spend days
3/7: $0
3/8: $0
3/9: $50 at the commissary, $17 for vegetable seeds
3/10: $0