Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2013, 08:18 AM   #31
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

I made $80 yesterday, but turned around and spent it. Sigh. I don't regret it, but it's not helping me, either. I am excited though, I found two ikea trofast shelves, the stair step ones, for $40 each. They are $89+tax new (and tax is high here, 9.9%). I was already contemplating buying one set, so I got two for around $18 less than I would have spent on one. The best part is if I find we really don't need both, I could sell one and easily get $50 for it, thus saving even more on the one I keep. Considering these shelves rarely show up on Craigslist, I'm happy with the result, and happy I was able to cover the cost with earnings. That being said, I don't think I am going to count the $80 towards my goal since my goal is set at what I need for other stuff. So, still at $36 for the month.

Advertisement

Old 03-06-2013, 08:27 AM   #32
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Re: Earning/Saving Extra Money ~~ March ~~ Think Spring!!

I was proud of me yesterday. I renewed a bunch of CL ads, and posted my pump and some formula I bought that isn't working for the baby (sealed of course) for sale too. I also have someone who is supposed to come guy a pair of diapers this week, but I dunno if she's going to actually show up. I was just happy I actually managed to get pics and get stuff listed.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:04 AM   #33
delladea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did really good on my grocery run this week - we came in under budget even after taking advantage of a good special on pork and chicken (the extra went in the freezer) and having to get potassium water softener salt ($40 worth, but it will last us almost three months). It was the motivational kick I needed to keep up with the meal planning and budgeting. I've been exploring more one-pot dishes and make-ahead things so I can have more time back to tackle some decluttering and sewing projects.

I cleaned out DD's diaper stash and have a small pile of things to list on FSOT. I figured out a cloth combo that works for her at night so no more nighttime sposies! The Flips I bought will be covered after three months of use, and she isn't even a year old yet. I'm done experimenting with cloth, so no more CD purchases unless something happens to her prefolds and covers.

And I almost have enough Swagbucks in my account for a $5 Amazon GC, which I am going to save for the next time we need to order some of DD's goat's milk.

Last edited by delladea; 03-06-2013 at 09:05 AM.
delladea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #34
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm done experimenting with cloth, so no more CD purchases unless something happens to her prefolds and covers.

I've put myself in this camp, too. Oh, the money I spent on diapers. Prefolds and covers are so simple. I'll admit....after 3 months of forced stash contentment, I PM's a mama on here about something. Thankfully, she said it was already pending, so I can stay on the wagon. lol

I'm going to take pictures of the bumbo today and someone upthread mentioned selling formula, so I'm reminded that we have some Good Start that has to go. It took us 6 months of constant spit up to realize DS is sensitive to it. *sigh*
Old 03-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #35
bananaclip
Registered Users
seller

We have a bunch of credit cards, no balances, and I keep them all open because they will send "use me deals". Most recently I spent $1000 on Discover in two months, (um, on grocery gift cards) and got $100 back. Always open your junk mail. Last year I "made" $500 using these cash back credit card offers. Also, Discover has 5% cashback at Walmart online. Walmart has site-to-store shipping, so I buy on line, get 5% back, have stuff shipped to the FedEx a mile away for free. So I save time and gas too. We have a card that always gives 2% for groceries, and one that always pays 3% back for gas. And Amazon's 2% back card. It isn't much, but it is 2-5% on all the stuff we buy new adds up. I also abuse bank offers. I have opened accounts at *every* bank to make the bonus. I just leave the $2,000 in the new account for six months or whatever, make a few bill payments, collect the sign up bonus and close the account. I have gone through every bank though, and you cannot sign up twice. BUT, I have my husband, now we will have him open accounts
I am also going to try this in the fall:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57570654-94/is-republics-$19-cell-phone-service-too-good-to-be-true/

Last edited by bananaclip; 03-06-2013 at 10:41 AM.
bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:33 PM   #36
wolffie
Registered Users
seller

I had to look back in the thread to see what my goals were for this month.

1. Make $200 selling items (not including kids consignment sale)
- Coffee/espresso machine
- 6 BG diapers
- Dog training collars
- PBK window curtain finials
- Portable DVD player
- Broken video camera
- Antique windows
- new window (dh mis-measured)

2. Use swagbucks more and earn $25 in gift cards
- $5 Amazon
- $5 Starbucks
Mama to ds '08, dd '10, due w/#3 5/13! wife to Missing my angels 6/07, 10/07, 3/12
Let's swag! SWAG friends!
wolffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #37
delladea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmisterkitty View Post
I've put myself in this camp, too. Oh, the money I spent on diapers. Prefolds and covers are so simple. I'll admit....after 3 months of forced stash contentment, I PM's a mama on here about something. Thankfully, she said it was already pending, so I can stay on the wagon. lol
It's hard, especially when there are so many cute CD's out there! I allowed myself because I originally was trying to find a diaper my MIL could handle (wiggly baby + arthritis makes it near impossible for her to use my prefolds) and accidentally figured out a nighttime diaper. That alone cuts our sposie use in half, so I'm happy with that!

I don't look at the diapering sections of DS all that often anymore because I get on a "ooooo shiny!!" kick and before I know it I'm trying to order something.
delladea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #38
Tiffanylamp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, goal update:

I have been doing great with Swagbucks, so I might be able to order my sewing machine the end of this month or early next!

I think I am going to try the local consignment shop sale and ask about the shifts that aren't "shifts" as that is a really great idea and I would LOVE to get more money in my pocket

And, finally, I just realized that I have a bunch of diapers to sell that dd outgrew (some are new in package... can I say that I had issues a few months back )

So, I will have extra $$$ this month if I get some pics taken and diapers listed!!!

Happily getting my Groupon on
Tiffanylamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #39
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

tiffanylamp, what kind of sewing machine are you getting?? What kinds of things do you sew?

Also, welcome to anyone who is new. I took my eye off the thread for a little while and kinda lost sight of who is new. Thank you for joining! I hope this group can be helpful for you!

AFM: Got some stuff listed on ebay & CL yesterday.

These are my earnings for the month so far:

Franciscan coffee pot - $30
Lincoln logs - $20
Franciscan s & p shakers - $10
Bumbo - $25
Old 03-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #40
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

My DS's old bed finally sold! Woohoo! $70 today from that. So $103 for the month. I am meeting a bunch of people tomorrow from a shop and swap fb group, so I'll be updating again tomorrow.