Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2013, 08:48 PM   #91
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August '11- March Chat

We gtan offer on our house. It was a low ball offer but I guess we are in the negotiating period. I figured yeah that is about right baby is almost here time to move LOL!

Advertisement

dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:36 AM   #92
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Allison, moving sounds so stressful. I hope you can negotiate a price your happy with. If we stay on track, we I'll be moving in march of next year. Who knows where. Luckily, the only thing I know is that the military wont be able to send us anywhere remote again. We will be required to live in a place where ds will have access to his therapies locally. Which is awesome.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:52 AM   #93
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Stressful--I guess but nothng compared to how it use to be. When Dh was a college coach we never knew where we were going until a week or 2 before and I was ALWAYS pregnant lol. ANd this will be the first one in state.

I think we will be able to handle it. The only issue is the time table right now. Looks like we may have to rent if we get a house built. That I think will be the most difficult task. And we are moving basically for better school systems. Also we will have access to alot more things like stores, healthy foods and stores, and a ton of programs for the children.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:59 AM   #94
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Alison, do you live in GA? I'm sure you've said before...just remember you said you lived in the deep south. The only reason I ask is because I used to live and have a lot of family and friends that live in GA. That's great you got an offer so quickly too, especially with the housing market being what it is today.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:22 AM   #95
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I live in AL we are in the western central part of the state and will be moving to the eastern part closer to GA in a big college town to give you hint War Eagle LOL!

The offer is at the vey early stages we will see what happens they low balled us and want our appliances--I LOVE MY APPLIANCES--well my washer and dryer I love lol--good thing we have 2 sets bc of a moving tibacle last time. But no way are they getting my washer and dryer I currently use. I am addicted lol and they want us to cover all closing costs. So after all is said and done we would have to come to the table with $35000---um no! I will stay here and homeschool if we had too.

See I love our house it is a great house but I can not even begin to explain were we live.

Last edited by dagmomma; 03-15-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #96
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have a contract on the house!!!! Now it is time to move LOL!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 05:32 PM   #97
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Awesome Allison!!!

We just had the final step today, appraisal. Hoping its good to go and then we pack and move but closing isn't until end of April for us.

It's been a whirlwind, our offer came just 6 days after it was on the market, it was a low ball too but through negotiations and everybody giving a little we worked it out, we didn't break completely even but we are comfortable with the loss.
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #98
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Melissa--kind of the same here. We are breaking even so we are happy. We knew going into this house that we would loose money or break even but we were fine with that at the time.

Now we have alot of thinking to do. If we get a house built it is going to take 4 months. That is what I think we will do. Our closing date will be the beginning of may. The boys are going to graduate pre-k in May and we have dance recitals and piano recitals in may as well so we have to figure out if we will rent here or just rent where we are going to live and then just come back for those things. It will be a very challenging may esp with a NB! I guess we could always skip everything also. But that does not seem right to me but the less stress I think the better. We will figure it out.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:04 PM   #99
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Congrats to yo both!! So nice to sell so quickly!! Fx for an easy move.

I keep thinking that we should sell our house and move half way between our moms. I hate being in the middle of nowhere ! there's nothing for the kids to do/go. But I doubt it'll ever happen.

We are almost to my moms! Ready to get out of the van. Plus looking forward to no cooking or cleaning for two days!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:27 PM   #100
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
You all need to go watch the tv series 'call the midwife' I watched episode 1 while Mary was napping and am hooked.

I bought mine on iTunes but I think it's available on Netflix and online too.

We don't even have tv, not huge tv watchers but that was a lovely use of 48 minutes of my life .
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote