Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-16-2013, 05:59 PM   #111
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August '11- March Chat

We have lived in smaller with kids...our last house was about 1,700 sq ft with 3 bedrooms. We moved when dd3 was about 10 months old. It had two floors and wasn't laid out very well. I was literally starting to feel claustrophobic at times with all the toys and baby junk, so I know how you feel Britt.

Advertisement

Old 03-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #112
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Our home is 2400 sq ft and five bedrooms, our intent long term was... Master, girls room, boys room, playroom/tv room and nursery until no more babies and then that would be sewing room.

It's seriously the perfect house and I don't want anything bigger when we move. Our bedrooms are huge and we like kids sharing rooms so we could fit a few more kids at least , not saying we will though, we are going into this one with the notion that it is likely the last.

And even with four kids we have a lot of extra space but I don't think I want to downsize because we like having guests .
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #113
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
We left a home in California that was just under 2000sf. That was plenty of room fr five of us. For bedrooms, one half room that was an office, huge laundry room, and open floor plan downstairs. Biggest negative was no yard. Literally. No fence (base housing) and give feet off our patio was a fence the backed a road. That stunk. We may have a small house here but we have a HUGE yard. I really hope to never have to give up having a yard to play in. Even if we never have five bedrooms.

So Dh is out for the evening. His workgroup was having a UFC showing at someone's home. I rented Rise of the Gaurdians and we watched that. Well, Harper and I ended up in her room playing 'make/unmake the bed for the the baby' over and over and over. She is nursing now and I hope she will lay down soon. I want to watch another episode of Call the Midwife. Thanks Melissa!

Carrie did you ever find it?

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #114
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sorry for the typos ^

Old 03-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #115
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The home we are in at the moment is a ranch and 4 bedrooms. I love having everything on the same floor. It is not huge but all the bedrooms have walk in closests. The boys share a room, peyton has her own room and the dining room is the playroom. I love the house and the neighborhood is nice but the city we live in--well I said it before.

The house we are thinking about having built is a 5 bedroom 3 bath house with the 5 th bedrrom on the mainfloor--That would be the playroom we would turn the dining into an office bc it is seperate and closed off and the boys would share and the girls would share. The extra room upstairs would be a sports room.

The house we think we are going try to get that is built already is brand new nice yard and by the same builders. Just less bedrooms but more sq feet than the house we are in now.

I just want to live in a nice area with great schools and just live a simple life. We would get an older home but the area we are moving to the older homes are so much more expensive or the same price without all the upgrades that the newer homes have so we have only looked at the brand new ones. And although I would love a ranch we cannot seem to find any we like in that area or new homes that are ranches,
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #116
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Britt, I'm totally watching another episode tonight. I re-watched the first episode with dh last night, he was entertained well enough , but he's good like that.

I watch things like band of brothers with him and in turn he watches downton and this one
Old 03-16-2013, 08:46 PM   #117
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Found it! Just finished episode 1...loved it. Going to try to squeeze in episode 2 before bed since the kids are sleeping and dh is working.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:46 PM   #118
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Totally agree with everyone on the yard, I would take a smaller older home over a newer bigger one if it had a better yard. That I am going to miss, nothing like having endless space for the kids to play where we currently are.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #119
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I will watch another episode tonight too if dd ever goes to sleep. I've laid her down three times, all three she's been snoring in my lap and as soon as she hits the bed she wakes. I finally just kissed her and walked out. She is still crying off and on but I don't know what else to do. I feel horrible letting her cry to sleep, but its a cycle and I know if I continue to go in she will continue to cry for me. It's nearly 10, and this has been happening for two hours. I'm sad but equally tired of this.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:04 PM   #120
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The crying stopped. I hope she dozed off without tears on her cheeks. ;(