Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #161
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Re: August '11- March Chat

Haha Britt!!! That's too funny that you didn't know what March Madness is!!! Since KU is in the tourny we will be watching for sure here too Alison. Since all my babies like to come at the beginning of reg season football I am always hoping that I don't go into labor on game day.

Managed to make it through WM in one piece with the kids, but I know why I hate taking them all ! lol I now have to make dinner, while E sleeps so no netflix for me right now.

Advertisement

Old 03-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #162
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

GO JAYHAWKS!!!! That is for you Vanessa.

I really do not have a favorite team I just enjoy them all. Sounds silly but it is true. When we lived in NY DH and I use to go to MSG all the time to watch tournaments. I miss that but that is ok I have no desire to be where it is cold ever again. One of our dream vacations is go to tournaments around Thanksgiving time--they are in the Virgin Islands, Hawaii, Disney to name a few. But I keep reminding dh we have 3 going on 4 children and it will be more fun with our youngest being 5 not our oldest being 5
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:22 PM   #163
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

whoot! thanks Alison!! LOL

OK serious question... Any advice on where to start if we were serious about wanting to move to the islands?? ( like US Virgin Islands) Obviously we'd have to find jobs, and a home. But we don't want to live like tourists. We want to live more like the natives, I think. We couldn't finance anything so it'd have to be tiny and cheap probably. But when I've looked up real estate it's always resort type places! OK I feel like a DA even asking about this kind of thing, but we loved it down there, and would love for our children to experience it too. I'm not talking next yr or anything. More like 4-5 yrs....
Old 03-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #164
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 View Post
whoot! thanks Alison!! LOL

OK serious question... Any advice on where to start if we were serious about wanting to move to the islands?? ( like US Virgin Islands) Obviously we'd have to find jobs, and a home. But we don't want to live like tourists. We want to live more like the natives, I think. We couldn't finance anything so it'd have to be tiny and cheap probably. But when I've looked up real estate it's always resort type places! OK I feel like a DA even asking about this kind of thing, but we loved it down there, and would love for our children to experience it too. I'm not talking next yr or anything. More like 4-5 yrs....
Hey didn't know you went there too. We went to st.john for our honeymoon. Awesome! Would loveeee to live there.
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #165
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We almost moved there. Dh got offered a couple of jobs, it was before Peyton so do not remember all the details but there is always a possibility we would move there. We could be neighbors!
Old 03-19-2013, 08:11 PM   #166
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

We went on a cruise and stopped in Barbados , St. Thomas , st croix, st Lucia , Antigua and Puerto Rico. Loved them all. I told dh one of us needs to start some classes at the comm college here in town. Read: hotel mngmnt or something of the sort. The girls are sold on the idea ! Lol it's just overwhelming not knowing how things soft down there. I was reading that food costs are much higher and pay us much lower. Need to do a bunch of digging for info !
Old 03-20-2013, 06:42 AM   #167
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

broke down and bought some sticks...dang those are so expensive. negative. I'm 99% sure I'm not preggo, but my period is way wacked out.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:42 AM   #168
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

broke down and bought some sticks...dang those are so expensive. negative. I'm 99% sure I'm not preggo, but my period is way wacked out.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:18 AM   #169
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Naomi--at least you know.

Vanessa--We did Barbados too. DH wants to move there also I am more on the VI kick.

Food is more exp but I am always like well you have fruit trees and coconuts in your backyard. If I groomed all of my whole foods approach to eating I think food could be cheap but not the food you get here--Island food. I think it would be a great healthy diet. Plus I would paddle board everyday!!!!!!

Dh would work in the schools and witht he athletic departments and there olympic comittees--those were the jobs he was offered and I would get my yoga certification which I plan on doing after I pop out this last baby LOL! I say it would be yrs down the line but with dh you never ever KNOW!!!!
Old 03-20-2013, 07:18 AM   #170
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hugs Naomi! My period is all over the place. And I'm guessing it's going to be super late this month because of all the new babies? cute bumps and shopping for bunk beds that's been going on here! Our hormones are nuts. Maybe the stress if the unknown moving situation for you?
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote