Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-14-2013, 09:16 AM   #81
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Oh Allison. That's scary for a minute though.

Last summer Nathan stuck a pebble up his nose. It didn't budge when blowing so we had to hold him down and pull it out with tweezers.

Advertisement

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #82
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August '11- March Chat

Yeah I thought I was going to have to get the tweezers out!

I called my mom and asked "So who's fault do you think this is?" Bc I was a stick things up my nose kid. When I was younger I guess I ripped my bed apart and stuck the foam up my nose. My parents had no idea until a wierd smell came out of my nose and I a strange looking mucous came out of it. So they took me to the er and they had to tweeze it out. Bc of it I apparently have a "floating" chip in my nose. I found out about the chip when I was in college and they thought I broke my nose in practice. They kept telling me about this chip from a previous nose break and I just kept telling them "I never broke my nose." So it was either the 1 yr old sticking things up my nose incident or they were lying to me and telling me the break was a long time ago break so that I did not have to sit out--which they were known to do lol!

Last edited by dagmomma; 03-14-2013 at 09:30 AM.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #83
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

We've been lucky so far, with no one sticking anything in their noses! Hope to keep it that way. Love his answer though.

Poor Harper! ditto on the yogurt! My girls eat it everyday.

Viv must have had a 24hr bug yesterday. poor kid had diarrhea, and was barfing. She's home today and nothing so far. Hoping no one else gets it.

A/s in two weeks!! can't wait! This pg is going so fast! Speaking of-- Melissa, how are you doing???

Well I am off to do some prepacking for the wknd, and hope to get outside today and tomorrow with some great temps!!
Old 03-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #84
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

OH! totally forgot to say that Evan had his 18m wellbaby visit today ! 331/4 " long, 19" noggin, and 26lbs. 25% in h&w.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #85
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You're probably right about the Rocephin causing the yeast infection Britt, Brynn got 6 Rocephin injections in December. Those hurt!

Alison, too funny about the cheerio....well not really, but you know. It makes you wonder what they are thinking sometimes! When dd2 was around Brynn's age she was sitting in her highchair eating, and she kept sneezing. I thought great, here comes a cold. Finally she let out a huge sneeze and out flew stuffing. I checked all her bedding and stuffed animals, and she had made a hole in a little stuffed animal, pulled out some stuffing and put it in her nose during naptime. So see, you're not the only one to stick things up your nose.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #86
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

See Blu I know is like me so I am pretty good at stopping things before they ever happen like sticking things up his nose or sliding down the stairs in a laundry basket bc I can see what he is thinking bc I would have done it. Tanner on the other hand I would have NEVER expected him to do that. Even my mother was like "Tanner did that?" It was a total Blu thing. SO I guess I need to start doing the same thing to him now.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #87
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Vanessa, sounds like Evan is getting big! Glad viv is feeling better now.

I totally lol'd at the stuffing. My grandma tells the story that when my uncle (moms baby brother) was a baby she changed his diaper once to find thread in it, and in his poop.

TMI ALERT!!!!!!!!!

Then he had a little gas and out came more thread, but not all the way. She pulled it 17 inches of string from his bottom!! She never figured out what it came off of but she was horrified nonetheless.

Oh the things we endure as moms.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #88
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lol, Britt, I've had that happen with babies and my hair... no idea how they eat my hair, but...

I'm kind of in a funk. I hope I snap out of it soon.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #89
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar_crystalz
Lol, Britt, I've had that happen with babies and my hair... no idea how they eat my hair, but...

I'm kind of in a funk. I hope I snap out of it soon.
I hope you feel better.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #90
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Crystal hope you are feeling better soon!

Britt I can not tell you how many times I had to do that with BLU!!!!!! Ugh Do not even know where to begin but he is ADDICTED TO STRING!!!! Yes you read that STRING!!!!!! There were many times I had to pull it out!

He use to eat his shirts--yes thats right EAT HIS SHIRTS!!!!! He ruined so many really nice shirts! It was a constant struggle.

But Tanner never did those things until the CHEERIO!