Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 08:35 AM   #101
joeslittlewoman's Avatar
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 3,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlids
and we have some progress! i'm 2 cm dilated and still 50% effaced. she said aurelia has dropped and that my cervix is soft and anterior! she didn't say anything on when she'll be here but she seems to think i won't need to be induced!!!
Woohoo!!!

Advertisement

__________________
Wife to Joe. Proud, tired mommy to Captain Destructive (6/09), Sir Screams-a-lot (8/10), and another little miracle due 3/13.
Trusting God brings life. Believing brings rest.
joeslittlewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:44 AM   #102
joeslittlewoman's Avatar
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 3,925
Finally feeling better--yay!! My sister that lives with us is now sick--boo! I guess we will quarantine her from everyone upstairs and have MIL sleep in the Master while we are at the hospital (she is staying here with our older boys). Praying everyone is well by the time Thomason and I are ready to come home.

Had pre-op this morning. A little nervous about tomorrow. The nurse that gave us the tour went over general procedures, which is much different than we have planned. Gives me anxiety. Bah! Doc said he will be having a talk with the staff prior to the surgery to get everyone in the same page. I didn't argue with the nurse today because I figure it wasn't the time/person to talk to.

Those of you that have hospital births, do you do goodie baskets for the nurses? I haven't in the past, but I've heard of women doing that. Since I have a lot of special requests maybe I need to sweet talk them, lol.
__________________
Wife to Joe. Proud, tired mommy to Captain Destructive (6/09), Sir Screams-a-lot (8/10), and another little miracle due 3/13.
Trusting God brings life. Believing brings rest.
joeslittlewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #103
kushie tushie's Avatar
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,801
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslittlewoman View Post
Finally feeling better--yay!! My sister that lives with us is now sick--boo! I guess we will quarantine her from everyone upstairs and have MIL sleep in the Master while we are at the hospital (she is staying here with our older boys). Praying everyone is well by the time Thomason and I are ready to come home.

Had pre-op this morning. A little nervous about tomorrow. The nurse that gave us the tour went over general procedures, which is much different than we have planned. Gives me anxiety. Bah! Doc said he will be having a talk with the staff prior to the surgery to get everyone in the same page. I didn't argue with the nurse today because I figure it wasn't the time/person to talk to.

Those of you that have hospital births, do you do goodie baskets for the nurses? I haven't in the past, but I've heard of women doing that. Since I have a lot of special requests maybe I need to sweet talk them, lol.
Are you having a section or being induced? Were you expecting this? I'm having trouble remembering.
Hopefully everything goes smoothly!

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #104
sterlids's Avatar
sterlids
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: misawa, japan
Posts: 1,182
Re: Lil Shamrocks - It's MARCH! (chat thread)

i'm planning to crochet something for each of the docs. all 3 are really wonderful and have been so great throughout the pregnancy!!
__________________
danielle, loving wife to jayson 10-16-03 , SAHM to lucian 2-13-07 and aurelia 3-26-13
sterlids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:22 PM   #105
joeslittlewoman's Avatar
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 3,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie

Are you having a section or being induced? Were you expecting this? I'm having trouble remembering.
Hopefully everything goes smoothly!

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
Thanks! Csection. There was some discussion of hba2c vs rcs, but I've known for a while this was the decision. I've just never had a planned cesarean until now, so I have more time to be anxious, lol.
__________________
Wife to Joe. Proud, tired mommy to Captain Destructive (6/09), Sir Screams-a-lot (8/10), and another little miracle due 3/13.
Trusting God brings life. Believing brings rest.
joeslittlewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #106
joeslittlewoman's Avatar
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 3,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlids
i'm planning to crochet something for each of the docs. all 3 are really wonderful and have been so great throughout the pregnancy!!
That is awesome!! What are you making them?
__________________
Wife to Joe. Proud, tired mommy to Captain Destructive (6/09), Sir Screams-a-lot (8/10), and another little miracle due 3/13.
Trusting God brings life. Believing brings rest.
joeslittlewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:41 PM   #107
kushie tushie's Avatar
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,801
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslittlewoman View Post

Thanks! Csection. There was some discussion of hba2c vs rcs, but I've known for a while this was the decision. I've just never had a planned cesarean until now, so I have more time to be anxious, lol.
Ah gotcha! Well try not to stress and just think about about snuggling your newbie!

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:00 AM   #108
sterlids's Avatar
sterlids
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: misawa, japan
Posts: 1,182
Re: Lil Shamrocks - It's MARCH! (chat thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslittlewoman View Post
That is awesome!! What are you making them?
i know i'm making a turtle for one of them because she had two pet turtles in her office for a bit. the other two idk i'm gonna have to ask one of the techs to scope things out and let me know which would be best for them. i'll most likely take them to my 6 week post partum check up.
__________________
danielle, loving wife to jayson 10-16-03 , SAHM to lucian 2-13-07 and aurelia 3-26-13
sterlids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:47 AM   #109
joeslittlewoman's Avatar
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 3,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlids

i know i'm making a turtle for one of them because she had two pet turtles in her office for a bit. the other two idk i'm gonna have to ask one of the techs to scope things out and let me know which would be best for them. i'll most likely take them to my 6 week post partum check up.
I'd love to see the finished gifts when you are done! Very neat!
__________________
Wife to Joe. Proud, tired mommy to Captain Destructive (6/09), Sir Screams-a-lot (8/10), and another little miracle due 3/13.
Trusting God brings life. Believing brings rest.
joeslittlewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #110
peep_erz's Avatar
peep_erz
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: California
Posts: 552
Re: Lil Shamrocks - It's MARCH! (chat thread)

I had an appointment yesterday. 2cm dialated and about 50% effaced. With all of the cervix head-bumps I'm surprised its only at 50%.
__________________
Leah
Mommy to Ellie, 2 fur kids (doggies), and 6 fuzz butts (chinchillas)
Make some money using SurveySavvy
peep_erz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.