Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #1
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
Found anything funny?

Have you found anything that made you giggle as you've been cleaning and purging?

I went through office supplies and crafts again. 8 pairs of adult scissors, 5 kids scissors, and 26 -yes, 26- glue sticks.

Advertisement

SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

Re: Found anything funny?

I'm scared to go through office supplies. I know there are at least 300 pencils. I found salad dressing in my pantry that expired in 2008 when I re did the pantry a few weeks ago

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #3
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

And yet I can't find a single glue stick around here when someone is begging for one.....

I found a postcard from a former boyfriend that was REALLY naughty. Yes, a postcard. That came to my house for all to read and see. When I was in high school. It's a great read, but i'd forgotten about it.

I also came across my wisdom teeth. I ALMOST tossed them, but decided to keep them. At least for a little while longer. lol
Old 02-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #4
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Not this purge but I did once find a bee, yes a dead bee , in a ziploc baggie. It had the nerve to sting my husband when he went outside on our balcony to smoke back in 2001 when we lived in Germany. He insisted we keep it. We did for probably 5 years.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #5
ZnBmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Incriminating High school prom pictures and in the trash they went! Also, every.single.time I purge stuff I find pipe cleaners, the sparkly craft kind. I don't ever remember even buying them??

Hunting and pecking for fresh baby and children's deals! Follow me! CheapMamaChick on Facebook
& Cheapmamachick.com
ZnBmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:22 PM   #6
indigo152
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnBmama
Incriminating High school prom pictures and in the trash they went! Also, every.single.time I purge stuff I find pipe cleaners, the sparkly craft kind. I don't ever remember even buying them??
Haha, I found my husband's prom photos from 1988 (hahahahahahahaha, teal bowtie). He finally sorted some old documents, and came across a paper from more than 10 years ago with a girl's name and phone number. He claims he has no idea who it was. Oh gosh, the "treasures" I would find if DH really let me sort through his boxes of stuff in the basement. I have declared him to be a paper hoarder. I suppose there could be worse things to hoard, right??
Old 02-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #7
indigo152
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmisterkitty
And yet I can't find a single glue stick around here when someone is begging for one.....

I found a postcard from a former boyfriend that was REALLY naughty. Yes, a postcard. That came to my house for all to read and see. When I was in high school. It's a great read, but i'd forgotten about it.

I also came across my wisdom teeth. I ALMOST tossed them, but decided to keep them. At least for a little while longer. lol
Your profile photo does not look like you should have been receiving naughty postcards
Old 02-27-2013, 07:42 PM   #8
TypeAMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Di**ae
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo152

Your profile photo does not look like you should have been receiving naughty postcards
Her username is badmisterkitty, just sayin'. :0) I laughed so hard when I read the bit about the naughty message being sent via postcard. Did your parents get to the mail before you that day?!

The funny thing I found was the 2 pregnancy tests I took when I found out I was preggo (like 3 years earlier!). Yep, peed on test sticks still in their original box. DH jokingly made me get rid of them, but the funniest part was that I kinda wanted to keep them.
Slave to my
TypeAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:18 PM   #9
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

^ I felt a bit sad tossing mine, too.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:28 AM   #10
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeAMom View Post
Her username is badmisterkitty, just sayin'. :0) I laughed so hard when I read the bit about the naughty message being sent via postcard. Did your parents get to the mail before you that day?!
hahaha!!! I'm not innocent by any stretch. And ironically, I don't own a cat.

I can't remember if my parents got to it first. I suspect they did since it brought back almost embarassment when I found it. Of greater concern, perhaps, was that the entire small town post office saw it.