Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
jam's mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

Plan my Monday day-time date

Through a fortuitous accident of pre-planned childcare, an obscure public holiday, and a lull in the work I have to do, my husband and I have a full day free to spend with each other from 9-5 this coming Monday.

We both have some work to do, but not too much, and we're going to get it out of the way from about 9-12. I want to have lunch at our favourite restaurant but what do we do afterwards?!

We haven't properly gone out since one evening last May, for my birthday. There aren't any movies we want to see. It is colder than charity outside. I rather fancy going to the modern art museum, but we can get in for free if we bring our daughter and a pass from our library, which rather defeats the purpose.

Give me ideas, please! We've been a bit tense recently, lots of illness and a fractious child that keeps us from having any quality time together.

Advertisement

Old 03-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
Celeste
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam's mum View Post
Through a fortuitous accident of pre-planned childcare, an obscure public holiday, and a lull in the work I have to do, my husband and I have a full day free to spend with each other from 9-5 this coming Monday.

We both have some work to do, but not too much, and we're going to get it out of the way from about 9-12. I want to have lunch at our favourite restaurant but what do we do afterwards?!

We haven't properly gone out since one evening last May, for my birthday. There aren't any movies we want to see. It is colder than charity outside. I rather fancy going to the modern art museum, but we can get in for free if we bring our daughter and a pass from our library, which rather defeats the purpose.

Give me ideas, please! We've been a bit tense recently, lots of illness and a fractious child that keeps us from having any quality time together.
Do you have any indoor arcade kind of places? Sometimes it's fun to just be silly together...race go karts, rock climbing, etc.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #3
blesdfish
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Plan my Monday day-time date

What are/were your DH's hobbies?
Old 03-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #4
jam's mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blesdfish View Post
What are/were your DH's hobbies?
This is part of the problem. If left to himself, I'm sure he'd love a day just lying on the couch enjoying the silence, with some sports game on mute. That's the sort of thing that sends me into a psychotic tailspin though.

I don't know if I should volunteer to go to the library and give myself a work day as planned and let him have a day to himself .
Old 03-01-2013, 06:43 PM   #5
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
Do you have any indoor arcade kind of places? Sometimes it's fun to just be silly together...race go karts, rock climbing, etc.
this sounds like a blast!! Like a mini-golf type place
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #6
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Go home and crawl into bed.
MatildasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #7
blesdfish
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam's mum View Post
This is part of the problem. If left to himself, I'm sure he'd love a day just lying on the couch enjoying the silence, with some sports game on mute. That's the sort of thing that sends me into a psychotic tailspin though.

I don't know if I should volunteer to go to the library and give myself a work day as planned and let him have a day to himself .
So he likes to veg and he likes sports. Maybe a local sports game or practice event?
Old 03-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #8
lilannies mama
Registered Users
seller

I agree with go home & get in bed & catch up on your "play time"
lilannies mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #9
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

We'd probably get a touch drunk at lunch and then go be silly because we reconnect quite easily that way. Last year we had a half day date and my parents had the baby so we did a rough scavenger hunt of sorts. I sourced a bottle of wine and some brie and he sourced condoms and a deck of cards and we sat in the living room drinking wine and playing scantily dressed cards until 2:30, then went to coffee and sobered up before being responsible parents again. Great day.
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #10
lakemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildasMum View Post
Go home and crawl into bed.
ummmm this!
lakemom is offline   Reply With Quote