Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #11
Leaner
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Another Gender Disappointment Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambie719 View Post
I'm so sorry. I have 3 boys and DH just had a vasectomy done last month and I have been depressed ever since. I just can't accept that I'll never have a daughter, and of course I torture myself thinking that my 2 miscarriages were my only chances for a girl. I'm honestly not sure its something I'll ever be able to come to terms with or "get over".
I felt like the miscarrages I had were my boys, too. This pregnancy has been different from the get go and I was so sure that meant boy. DH is getting a v when this baby is born. I don't want to have any more, pregnancy is hard and I am 35. But I am so sad about it.

Advertisement

Leaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #12
Leaner
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
this is boy 4 for us as well. i cried for a few days after we found out. especially because at around 17 weeks, we had been told girl. i even bought her coming home outfit. ...

ugh.

when we found out it was a boy, i felt like i had disappointed everyone, including DH. i felt like i had let him down, because evidently i am incapable of giving him a girl. he said he didn't care. i felt like "no one is going to be excited about this baby because it's JUST another boy... we already have three, who cares?"

as time gets closer, i am so excited. will be 31 weeks in a couple of days, and i can not WAIT to bring him home. i've ordered his home coming outfit, gotten some cute clothes for him, picked out his carseat, bed, etc. i am just meant to be a mama to boys. God probably knows that a girl would do me in, and lead me to a nut farm.
I had 3 younger brothers and I love boy stuff. Hubby doesn't care at all, he told me this was a girl from the start. He's even been calling her the name we'd discussed.

Sigh. Maybe I will feel better as time gets closer to her birth. Today I am just feeling really sad. I went to a breastfeeding support group and everyone has little boys (except for me and another mama who are both due around the same time, she has a toddler girl and anther girl on the way).

My oldest is also turning 12 this week and I am feeling really sad about that, too.
Leaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #13
carlycurry
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am so sorry you're feeling this way, Helena.

I can say that I totally relate to the feelings of disappointment... and the dang guilt that goes with it. As you know, I was told girl at 16 weeks then boy at 20 weeks... I was devastated... My husband is adamant that he wants no more than 2 kids so while I am super happy and thankful this little boy is healthy, I can't help "mourning" the thought that I'll more than likely never convince hubby for a 3rd and most likely never have a daughter that I get to buy dresses/bows/girly stuff for.

I AM excited about the new baby though, and I know when he arrives that any/all feelings of disappointment are going to disappear.
Baby #3 coming July 2015
carlycurry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #14
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaner View Post

I had 3 younger brothers and I love boy stuff. Hubby doesn't care at all, he told me this was a girl from the start. He's even been calling her the name we'd discussed.

Sigh. Maybe I will feel better as time gets closer to her birth. Today I am just feeling really sad. I went to a breastfeeding support group and everyone has little boys (except for me and another mama who are both due around the same time, she has a toddler girl and anther girl on the way).

My oldest is also turning 12 this week and I am feeling really sad about that, too.
KWYM!! Of my 5 friends with similar age kiddos (4 with girls, 1with boys), they ALL got the opposite gender they wanted with their second /last kiddo. It just seems so unfair!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #15
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have 3 boys and I'm finally at a point that I can say if (when lol) #4 is another boy I will be ok. That has not always been the case though. At DS2's ultrasound I had to excuse myself to the bathroom and cried for at least 5 minutes. The car ride home was silent. I didn't tell anyone, not even my mom, for several days. I was a mess.

Just remember that you have a chance at 4 fantastic sons in law!!
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:29 PM   #16
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Congrats!! And look how adorable your little girl is in you profile pic!!! Hugs mama. Also out of your 4 daughters I am certain one will have a son one day so you will get your son it will just be a grandson
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote