Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #11
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:
Your name: Heather
Starting Weight: 296lbs (2/11/12)
Current Weight: 210 (3/1/13)
Short-Term Goal: 5lbs lost by 4/1/13
Long-Term Goal: 15lbs lost by 6/1/13
Weight Lost to Date: 86lbs
Weight Loss Plan: Paleo & Yoga

Heather- Wife to 1, Mom to 5!
80lbs lost & counting!
Sent using DS Forum

Advertisement

*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #12
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The Big Mamas March Thread

Made 6 more freezer meals in the freezer. I've been using the skinny taste site to figure out meals to stock the freezer with for my surgery recovery. So that brings my count up to 17 now. And I haven't even started the big round yet. I'm trying to make sure we are all stocked up on healthy gluten free food so that 1. we can eat how we should and 2. I don't spend a fortune on take out and eating out.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #13
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Laurel, what are you doing for freezer meals? I made a bunch last month and all were also crockpot meals. But out of several recipes there were only a few that we really liked and will keep in our rotation. I'm always looking for more ideas.

We got half our garden planted today. We ran out of compost so DH ran to get more but I figured we can finish tomorrow. We have a 6' x 6' bed and will have several other things in containers and I have a few topsy turveys to try out.

80lbs lost & counting!
Sent using DS Forum
Old 03-02-2013, 10:29 PM   #14
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So far this round I've done pork chops in 4 marinades and then we'll grill them, Citrus, Basil Balsamic, and Bourbon street all off food.com and then a honey garlic and I don't remember where I found it. I did BBQ pork ribs- I trim all the fat off then sprinkle on a BBQ seasoning and grill (sear a few min. on each side. ) then put them in a zip lock with 1 bottle BBQ sauce 1 t. liquid smoke and 1 c. diet coke. Then I did Sweet Barbacoa Pork off the skinny taste website- I bag the pork with the seasonings to cook it in a gallon bag and the sauce stuff in a quart bag. Then I'll also make cilantro lime rice (from skinnytaste) and pinto beans to go with it once I cook them tomorrow. I'm going to be making Swedish meatballs and Salisbury steak also off the skinny taste website and then taco soup, taco meat, and meatloaf using my own recipe but a mix of half lean ground beef and half ground turkey breast. I'm also planning to do some cilantro lime chicken with black beans and corn (crock pot recipe), and some chicken nuggets and maybe some chicken parmigiana the second two are off the skinnytaste website and I use bread crumbs that I make out of old GF bread. That's as far as I"ve gotten in my planning. But I have a whole turkey in teh freezer too so I need to figure something out to do with it. Oh, and I'm wanting to make skinny taste spinach lasagna rolls.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #15
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yum, that all sounds good! Last month I did pineapple chicken, chicken adobo, teriyaki chicken, garlic chicken, and broccoli beef. The only ones we really liked were the teriyaki chicken and broccoli beef. I did pick up some porkchops today. I've never really cooked with them before. I found a recipe for glazed porkchops I am going to try out tonight paired with roast sweet potato and a side salad.

80lbs lost & counting!
Sent using DS Forum
Old 03-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #16
Macyllehub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What a great plan! We were part of a freezer meal group but I found the other meals that we swapped for had many ingredients I would never use our want my family to have, so I quit. I should make my own though for those nights I need a break.
Expecting someone small Sept 2014
Macyllehub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #17
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macyllehub View Post
What a great plan! We were part of a freezer meal group but I found the other meals that we swapped for had many ingredients I would never use our want my family to have, so I quit. I should make my own though for those nights I need a break.
I spent about 3 hours one night chopping everything and measuring it all out and putting it in freezer bags. I think I made like 16 meals. All I had to do the day of was pull a meal out of the freezer in the morning and pop it in the crockpot. Then shortly before it was ready steam some rice/veggies and there was dinner. It was nice!

80lbs lost & counting!
Sent using DS Forum
Old 03-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #18
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrossTheUniverse View Post
Yum, that all sounds good! Last month I did pineapple chicken, chicken adobo, teriyaki chicken, garlic chicken, and broccoli beef. The only ones we really liked were the teriyaki chicken and broccoli beef. I did pick up some porkchops today. I've never really cooked with them before. I found a recipe for glazed porkchops I am going to try out tonight paired with roast sweet potato and a side salad.

80lbs lost & counting!
Sent using DS Forum
I used to do shake and bake pork chops all the time and we loved it but now with dh's celiacs we had to come up with something different. So now I marinate them and grill them. We really like them this way too. We normally don't eat this much pork but it's what's been cheap so that's what we're doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macyllehub View Post
I used to think a group exchange sounded awesome, but now not so much. GF is hard for folks to do and I wouldn't trust them. DH's family has suggested we do it with the members who have celiacs so there would be 5 of us, but they eat a lot of food we just wouldn't eat. GF can still be way over processed crap, and full of fat and carbs so we're just going to stick to doing our own.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #19
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Links to recipes sites please? These meals sound fabulous!

AFM, whatever I changed it's working! I'm down to 180 this morning!
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #20
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm running out the door adn probably won't ever get all of the recipes linked but I have tons tagged on pinterest in my freezer meals file. If you wnat my name over there just pm me. I'll try and link what I can but I never seem to get around to it.