Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #21
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: The Big Mamas March Thread

What do you store your freezer meals in? I haven't really given a lot of thought to this, but I'm thinking it'll be worth looking into for a trial run when Andrew's deployed. Actually, as I'm going to be gone for a week later this month, maybe I ought to give it a shot for that week. While Andrew is perfectly capable of getting meals together, he would probably appreciate it.

Advertisement

tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #22
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

If I'm going to use the crock pot, or often otherwise I use freezer bags. They freeze flat
Old 03-03-2013, 05:04 PM   #23
usnkbaal
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Post Re: The Big Mamas March Thread

Hope its ok for me to join...

Your name: Katie
Starting Weight: 208.6 (2/28/13)
Current Weight: Waiting till 3/8/13 to weigh in
Short-Term Goal: To lose 10lbs by the end of March
Long-Term Goal: To be 150lbs when I cross the finish line in the Disney Princess 1/2 marathon in Feb.
Weight Lost to Date: none just started
Weight Loss Plan: Joined weight watches after lots of trying to lose it I would cheat and not lose so no more excuses or cheating for me. I also am being way more active running/walking at least 10 miles this week (starting off low since I have not run in around 10 years)

Last edited by usnkbaal; 03-03-2013 at 05:19 PM.
usnkbaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #24
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I freeze most things in freezer bags. But I LOVE the glad oven ware containers. They are plastic and have lids, I used to be able to get them in walmart but the last few times I've had to order them online. I love them so much that I ordered a case just in case they ever quit making them. AND, I have to share, I"m starting to think I really did lose weight. Yesterday in the AM I was 152. This Am I was 151.2 and that was after having homemade beef and broccoli and ham fried rice (so high sodium, lower than a restaurant but still high). Tonight I decided to play with the scale adn tap it just to make sure nothing was stuck and that it was weighing right. At night, after eating and drinking I still only weighted 153 when I've been consistently weighing 155 in the AM and 158 after the day. Oh, PLEASE let this be a real loss!!! Only time will tell.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #25
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Okay, so I have decided that starting tomorrow (Monday) I am going to eat according to the Makers Diet as close as I can. This means no grains, no sugar except for select fruits and a small daily allowance of honey or stevia, limited veggies, limited dairy. Limited everything, really, as this is one of those diets that is supposed to help you restart your body with the final stage being what you aim to live with. The goal is not real limited, other than very little refined sugars and limited grains. Each phase is supposed to last a couple weeks. I won't be able to do this complete right now, as I know I won't be able to eat that strictly on the mission trip. I am hoping, though, that by eating super clean for a couple weeks beforehand that I will be better able to eat clean while I am gone.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:26 AM   #26
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Question for the big mamas, an embarrassing one. How are you dealing with the belly flap as you loose weight? That loose hank of skin in your gut part from kids, part from being so big? As I lose more weight and it sags, the waist band of my panties pulls it down. I'm worried it will stay that way. I've heard wrapping can help after birth, what about during weightloss? Use any creams on your skin or do anything special to shrink it? Has anyone here had a tummy tuck or thought about it?
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #27
Macyllehub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Liz, I have a small amount so far, and I can see if I continue my weight loss that there will be skin that I'll have with nothing to "fill it". I'm anti-surgery, but if you think it's an option you'd like to pursue, go for it! I had a friend who celebrated her 150# weight loss after 5 years with a tummy tuck, a boob job and holy crap she looks AWESOME! I'm just too chicken for that
Expecting someone small Sept 2014
Macyllehub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #28
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Ha ha, well it will be a matter of affording it but dh has said before that he's not for or against it, he just wants me to be comfortable with myself. I've had four cesareans, I can't imagine it would be much worse that that! At least they wouldn't be cutting muscle! I'd prefer to go the no-surgery route though. I'm hoping I can get it shrunk up enough that it's just wrinkly skin not a actual flap, kwim?
Old 03-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #29
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:
I will definitely be having a tummy tuck when all is said and done! If all goes well I will lose 125lbs total, add that to the fact that I have had 5 kids in 5 years (and big ones mind you, my biggest was 10lbs14oz), and you can imagine my stomach skin is pretty bad. While I could probably use a breast augmentation (I was not blessed in that department even as a big mama) I am a bit more hesitant of something like that since it leaves something artificial in your body. But I have no qualms about taking this extra skin off!

Heather- Wife to 1, Mom to 5!
80lbs lost & counting!
Sent using DS Forum
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #30
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, if I were to need it I think the challenge would be finding a doc that would be willing to be minimalist about it. No shortage of choices though, living 40 minutes away from Palm Springs, CA. LOL